32mm OD waste pipe to 36mm OD solvent weld?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone think of any solutions to connect up a 32mm OD Spazio/Franke style space-saving basin waste tail with a short 36mm OD solvent weld tail please?
I've already tried a fermco which won't fit due to space restrictions (it's too long and causes the pipe connecting with the waste itself to foul the drawer in the wall hung unit).

All normal 1 1/4" or 32mm fittings I can find are for use with the usual 35/36mm OD push fit or solvent weld pipe, as you'd expect.

I took the waste apart to clear a blockage and don't want to bodge it back together as the builders did.
Their solution was to put the smaller pipe inside the larger one and silicone the lot together.

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The problem is these units should not be allowed to be sold in this country. A unit that relies upon you to disregard U.K plumbing regulations should not be tolerated. Partly its you fault as the customer buying the unit with ridiculous clearances.
This vanity unit has no cutout for the waste. It barely works with the supplied spacesaver trap they supply. The trap is made out of non glueable plastic so the only option and the one in the european instructions is to insert the 36 ish o.d pipe inside the 1.25" wastepipe using silicon!

The problem is these units should not be allowed to be sold in this country. A unit that relies upon you to disregard U.K plumbing regulations should not be tolerated. Partly its you fault as the customer buying the unit with ridiculous clearances.
This vanity unit has no cutout for the waste. It barely works with the supplied spacesaver trap they supply. The trap is made out of non glueable plastic so the only option and the one in the european instructions is to insert the 36 ish o.d pipe inside the 1.25" wastepipe using silicon!
Not sure about the 36 inside the 1.25 but BREATHE!

Partly its you fault as the customer buying the unit with ridiculous clearances.

Absolutely not. If the product cannot work it is the fault of the manufacturer and not the end user.
In this case it can work, it just needs a UK to EU converter/adapter.
Seemingly not that unusual as McAlpine manufacture such a bit of kit.

The fault in this particular case is with my builders who solvent welded an elbow onto the waste coming out of the wall in an awkward position which is now making everything more difficult than it needs to be.

This vanity unit has no cutout for the waste.

Interesting that you make that comment without knowing what unit it is...

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back