pva dot n dab brickwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you pva before dot n dan on bare brick?

Best thing to stick plasterboard to a steel lintel, the underneth?

Brick opening is a bit rough, could i fill gaps with morter, then dot n dab, or use something else, some gaps about 2 inch diff in the brickwork, that was cut out

exterel corner do you leave a slight overhang when a corner meets, to make up for ther adhesive?

regards

Sponsored Links
Do you mean bricks or blocks? Either way it won’t do any harm, will give you a bit more time but the adhesive won’t grab quiet so quickly.
Fort steel lintels, I always use a trade grab adhesive.
Brick opening is a bit rough, could i fill gaps with morter, then dot n dab, or use something else, some gaps about 2 inch diff in the brickwork, that was cut out
I would use render to fill the deeper holes; you could then use Bonding plaster (or render) to fill out level to D&D some PB or use either as a base coat to fill out & level, ready for the skim, depends on your skill level.
exterel corner do you leave a slight overhang when a corner meets, to make up for ther adhesive?
Within reason the gap wont really matter; make the corners flush & fix thin corner bead over ready to accept the skim coat.

I could do with quick grab, so my stuff dont come off
did a trail today, first time, may have mixed abit to wet
so mabye dont pva
http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/PLASTER_BOARDING_DIREcT_BOND.htm That was my pva idea, I thought it would stick better
I did say is or bricks or blocks but you shouldn’t really have had a problem with either; perhaps you did mixed it too wet!
What mix is the render?
regards
If your filling holes use 4:1; as a base coat 5:1 or even 6:1 on new blocks; + a little Febmix in each case.

Sponsored Links

exterel corner do you leave a slight overhang when a corner meets, to
make up for ther adhesive?

regards

just damp the bricks down would be fine, dab some strips of board just to pack out. if you mean the head beneath a window just dab it with adhesive and use the boards for the reveals to hold it up. Try and measure it without the overhang other wise when you cut back it might run out. fill all the external corner with adhesive and it makes it easier to nail skim beads on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back