pva over wall-help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
Following my friends stupid advice i primed my walls(after scrapping old paint as much as i could, then skimming and sanding) with PVA. After few days i painted walls with dulux undercoat but probably pva made walls sticky that i couldnt use roller (roller was literally skidding, walls were like very sticky, couldnt smooth paint over wall). Now when applying colour i could see white patches and still cant use roller(see on attached puctures) but painting with brush seems to be ok) So now i was advice to use zinsser stain cover.
My question is- will tha help? Should i use matt emulsion after zinsser or i can apply color straight away? Thank you for help

Attachments

• 9B0AAB94-FA0E-4B9E-BAAD-29B9908D3696.jpeg
    9B0AAB94-FA0E-4B9E-BAAD-29B9908D3696.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 499FE890-5306-4182-BF11-5687FBDFEBEB.jpeg
    499FE890-5306-4182-BF11-5687FBDFEBEB.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 71
Sponsored Links
Zinsser Cover stain should take a coloured paint fine - and seal the pva. Your Dulux u/c was water based ?? Then it would have " livened up " the PVA .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back