PVC door hinge and screws loose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pvc door where the screws are now loose on a hinge.

I am pretty sure it is down to the tenants taking off the door to get stuff into the house as the entrance is a little tight.

How do i fix this issue ? Do i use a wider screw ? Is there a product which could seal up the pvc frame where the current holes are and i just rebed them in a new glue product ?

Attachments

• DNQW0824.JPG
    DNQW0824.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 182
Sponsored Links
That looks nmore like an older style Composite Door ( with a non adjustable hinge! ) than a upvc Door , in theory , yes bigger screws will work , but I wouldn't like to guarantee it. Why did the tenant not take the screws out of the Composite Door side? If wider screws do not work , my suggestion would be to raise ( or lower ) the hinge marginally, creating new screw holes. It being a non adjustable hinge on a composite door , its actually more like a hinge on a standard wooden door. The ' edging ' to the composite door ( where the hinge is screwed to ) will be a high density wood , and easily drillable. The frame , in theory , should be reinforced so you may need a sharp HSS bit to relocate the hinge screws on the frame

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back