Pvc door hinges - will this one adjust left and right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_0813.JPG
Hi good people. Just wondering if this type of hinge on a pvc door has any left and right adjustment capability and if so how could I do it? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
The centre nut turns to move the door left and right, you'll need a thin spanner though because as you tighten one way that gap gets narrower, you need something like one of those universal spanner type things you always got with your bike

Hope I'm not hijacking your thread, but is any vertical adjustment possible on that type of hinge?

Sponsored Links
IMG_0823.JPG
Hello again. I wondered too about vertical adjustment and having removed a plastic plug from under the hinge there could be. I guess the tiny grub screws x 2 that is horizontal on the hinge would need slackening first then the top vertical grub screw is either tightened or slackened at the same time as the grub which is opposite it. I suggest all hinges are done at the same time using small amounts of adjustment. What do you think Crank/39 other people in the know?

There are hundreds of variations of similar hinges.
If its the type I think then check the bolts top and bottom for a line, dot or arrow first (some are ovlo shaped cams so they also rotate slightly 360 degree as well as adjusting up and down) just make sure the mark is in the same direction once you finish your up/down adjustment.

Loosen the grub screws on the side, loosen the top bolts and tighten the bottom bolts equally. Make sure your marks are in the same direction then re-tighten the top bolts and grub screws

Old thread but glad it's here as I had the same problem. Adjusting the centre nut with a 9mm spanner moves the door left and right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back