PVC Doors and window supplier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Appreciate this has probably been asked to death but I am refurbishing a property which needs a set of French doors, new front door as well as the usual windows (including a flat bay).

As I don't have the cash available to buy them all in one go, I need to prioritise on the front door and the windows in the rooms I am refurbishing first so I am looking for a supplier I can order from online over the next 12 months but keeping the same system.

Anyone have any recommendations ?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Personally I would say go to some local double glazing company's and ask for some supply only quotes priced individually.
The bonus with doing it this way is that they can survey it for you so you will have some comeback if a size is wrong or dosent comply with regs, Also any missing or future spare parts can be easily picked up.

There are so many regulations now that you need to know for the windows to be signed off its crazy:
Ventilation
Fire egress
Fall restriction
Toughened glass locations
Door threshold heights
Thats just a few of them, Are you confident enough on all these regs to order them yourself? Last thing you want to do is do them all twice.

You could try a local Eurocell branch but they tend to be a bit expensive if you buy direct from them, Its cheaper if you can deal direct with a factory.

What location are you in? Someone may be able to recommend something local to you.

Thanks Gazman,

Its part of a bigger project and we are quite lucky here in that Building Control are helpful and friendly so we have gone over windows & doors, also with input from my Architect to get over the regs etc so should be good to go.

Just need to decide on a supplier. There are a 2 or 3 local UPVC installer firms round here so I may well give your idea a go too.

Like a lot of stuff its all about research !

a lot of places dont like measuring the frames for you if its supply only, id get rough sizes any get quotes supply only and get a couple of installers to quote fitted price and compare to see which is the best option, keep in mind though an experienced fitter will save you a lot of hidden problems. eg. measuring wrong, breakages, injury, disposal of waste, certification, tools, time

Sponsored Links
Personally I love supply only jobs as well as new build where all we have to do is supply and fit with no making good. Making good is usually the most time consuming part of the job.
I expect larger company's would be less interested in this type of work though.

It could well be worth asking for both supply only and supply and fit (with no making good prices). If a company supply's and fits then they would be giving you the usual 10 year guarantee on the fitting too, So any dropped doors or little niggles here and there you can just call them out to rectify.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back