PVC window not closing properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

One of the 600x1000mm windows in my new property isn't closing properly.

The handle fully closes/ locks on the inside, however the window has to the be pushed from the outside to close fully into the frame?
Maybe has to be pushed quarter of an inch.

Does anyone know if this is to do with a mechanism that can be adjusted / tightened or is the window knackered?

Any ideas much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I assume its a fairly large side opening window and is rubbing on the bottom corner of the handle side?
If so it probably needs healing and toeing.

If its not closing properly on the hinge end try greasing the corners of the hinge.

It's a 600x1000mm side window to the side of the main fixed pane.

The handle closes fully but the window is not closed fully against the frame , that's why it has to be pushed from the outside to fit tightly in the frame as it should be.

I was hoping it would be a case of tightening a mechanism, it's the whole opening window that isn't closing properly, not one side or another.....

Sponsored Links
theres a pointy locater on the end of the opening sash, this should go into a gap on the fixed part of the hinge right in the corner, i bet its missing the gap and holding the sash out a bit. time for new hinges if so

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back