swiftframe window problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my daughter has swifframe windows in her house she has just purchased, the problem is with her bedroom window the top opening sash on the right hand side, the the sash will not close properly and the road outside is quite busy, i have had a look and the problem appears to be with the black plastic part on the frame at the top left looking from the inside out, there is a hook type part on the sash that should go into this plastic thing and when you pull the window closed it has the effect of pulling the window tightly closed, however the plastic looks scuffed up and the window will not close properly, it closes on the right hand side, but the left is about 3/8 of an inch open, the runners and mechanism appear to be fitted to the frame and sash by way of pop rivets. question is can you obtaine this ruuner mechanism or do i just need to get the black plastic bit, regards dave

Sponsored Links
If the plastic locator at the top of the hinge is buggered you need a new hinge, or it will just keep on riding over and not shutting, if they are not too old get the person/company who fitted them back to change it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back