pvcu window coupler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a new pvc door and window to my workshop.The door has to join to the window with a 10mm aluminium coupler.My query is does the coupler just butt up betweeen the door and window or does it have to be screwed on? Thw window came preglazed.Thanks in advance for any replies

Sponsored Links
You can just clip the coupler on to one frame or the other but you will still end up screwing it when you screw the door and window together

Hi Again.

Does this mean that I have to remove the glass unit from the window frame and if so what size and type of screw to join the window to the door :?:

I was intending to use the fixing lugs supplied to fix the door and window frames to each wall and thought I may get away with not removing the glass.

Can I screw through from the door through the coupler to the window without removing the glass :?: :?: :?:

Thanks Again.

Sponsored Links
Makes no difference which way you drill really, use something like 70mm x 5mm screws, use fixings lugs if you like but I generally use 100mm fixings but that means removing the glass

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back