pyronix alarm - wireless low batt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all for a fairly old alarm pyronix 8-9 years old maybe but I’ve only had a couple of years as new homeowner

I believe attach shows that one of the sensors has low battery?

Can anybody pls advise how to change battery?
(I have “engineers code”)

I don’t want it going off whilst I try replace it..

Also what type of battery does it take? Then I can have ready before I try replace….

Attachments

• 3C1FFE3F-0C8B-4DEE-BDC9-6DCBE030DE4B.jpeg
    3C1FFE3F-0C8B-4DEE-BDC9-6DCBE030DE4B.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 94
Sponsored Links
Also what type of battery does it take? Then I can have ready before I try replace….
Hi,

Sorry, not an expert, but Pyronix lists two types of sensor battery on its website:

So it will be a 3V lithium CR2, or a CR123A. You may have to investigate the sensors further and tell us what you have.

...and if one battery is going, it's probably worth changing them in the rest of your sensors, while you're at it! :)

Show us a photo of the inputs and we can work out what batteries or alternatively punch in the engineers code, open the sensors up to check what batteries are needed, order them up and do this again to change them when they come

You are as well changing them all

Yes,change all the batteries in all your devices at the same time,this way you stop any other battery faults as you do not know how old the existing one's are.

Sponsored Links
Pls see attached the sensor

I think they are CR123A

I will enter engineer code tonight and open sensors to check

And yes replace all same time - good point!!

Will any batteries do or do people recommend a particular brand - or maybe rechargeable ones ?

I was thinking of these

CR123A 3V Lithium Battery, 6 Pack 1600mAh CR123A Disposable Batteries for Alarm System Polaroid Camera Torch Remote Toys - Non-Rechargeable

Attachments

• 9F262BE2-50BD-49F9-9152-E7C0476CC899.jpeg
    9F262BE2-50BD-49F9-9152-E7C0476CC899.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 52
Show us a photo of the inputs and we can work out what batteries or alternatively punch in the engineers code, open the sensors up to check what batteries are needed, order them up and do this again to change them when they come

You are as well changing them all
Hi I punched in engineers code - didn’t go on any particular setting - just left on engineer menu.

And when I opened the sensor with screwdriver - the alarm started beeping off!

Was I meant to select a particular option before opening ??

What did display say after entering engineer code.
When in engineering you show be able to open lids without any noise.
Either not in engineering correctly or wrong code.

Unfortunately it says something else now….see attached please

Before I’m not sure what it said…but it’s certainly yeh right code cos you can press yes to “exit engineer menu” after u keep pressing no….

Not sure what to do now - any help appreciated please!

Attachments

• 5DE5D752-B8EB-4C5A-AE6F-5E180455AE28.jpeg
    5DE5D752-B8EB-4C5A-AE6F-5E180455AE28.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 104
  • 2C1576BE-199C-4A73-AC37-90A01E1C65E1.jpeg
    2C1576BE-199C-4A73-AC37-90A01E1C65E1.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 93
  • B21DFC34-2C68-413A-9C7B-33B811B8DD12.jpeg
    B21DFC34-2C68-413A-9C7B-33B811B8DD12.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 92
Your system is asking for an engineer reset.
Go into engineering ,change all batteries then exit engineering should clear fault.
Once you have cleared fault you then go into engineering and change alarm restore from engineer reset to user and turn off anti code reset as well.

But when I go into engineering do I select any particular option or just enter my engineer code so I’m In menu ..

Ok so I went into menu and replaced the Batteries of all sensors

I set the alarm and let it ring out (so that I get a text message) cos I’m approaching the 180 days Vodafone give before a sim expires

Unfortunately although the siren outside rang and panel inside rang - no text was received as per usual…..any reason for this?

I need to get a text in the next few days as I’m on day 177 lol

You heed to check that the sim card is still live,best way is to put sim in an old phone.Make sure you power unit down before you take/ put sim card in as this can damage module.

I could do but

Last time I let 180 days lapse - an error message came up on the panel….not such error this time

Also I rang Vodafone who told
Me sim is live. I was also able to check the credit on the account by dialling from another Vodafone sim …..

So it’s all very strange considering I used to get messages before…

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back