Pyronix Cloud Costs

A lot cheaper than the costs quoted - that are payable whether you use them or not.

Sponsored Links
Push notifications, unlimited ...ability to arm disarm ....

So what do you put on your SIM card each year ?

Sponsored Links
Why should I need unlimited push notifications?
Ten pounds lasts at least a year

You may not ....but someone else may ....£36 is not unreasonable, a customer on a monitored system with a standard digi with one open and close a day will cost about £60-£75 a year in call charges ....

£36 a year = £3 a month. Less than a pound a week to be able to control your security system from anywhere in the world! Gotta be a bargain surely?

That's fine if you want it, go for it.

Personally I don't need a message every time the system is legitimately turned on or off. I just want to know if the alarm goes off and for what reason, and also to turn it on or off or part arm it. These functions are hopefully needed very rarely.
Also like many houses our broadband cable is vulnerable outside the house. I prefer to communicate with the alarm via a tiny aerial inside the house and not immediately visible to an intruder.
But like I say, that's a personal choice.

doesn't matter it could well come in across all manufacturers to generate renewable income.

lets face it to provide the service costs X and the money has to be recouped somewhere.
Once the kit is installed there is no more income for the manufacturer, except upgrades to systems which does happen, but if I spend x on the cloud service every year as a manufacturer then I can need to have that cost covered and something for the effort, the only way forward long term will be subscription of some kind, there are lots of ways of doing this.

how much control you want/ versus need as a personal preference.

A monitored alarm system has associated costs regardless, however that's dual path rather than single path like most self monitored systems.

You pay your money you take your choice, given Texecom announced a Service feature to be paid for by installation companies recently, whilst it has some advantages it wont suit many of the installers out there for sure given those I have spoken to. I have to have 10 accounts paying at least £12 each to break even on the first tier after that it becomes cheaper as cost is per panel per year and even if there is no price rises the £12 a panel is a minimum and realistically is going to be near £40 per annum to make it worth while.

The advantange for self installers Wintex will still be available cloud will still be available so others are effectively paying for the cloud to be available.

Over the next 5 years we may have a clearer idea of where its going.

@secureiam - if I self install Pyronix Enforcer, is your 2nd year on discounted cloud fee likely to be available at that point? If so, and I subscribe, do you grab my cloud access control or do I still have it? E.g. I wish to add a user - do I have to come through you to do this?
Many thanks.

The offer has expired officially, the cloud access its literally just that, I have nothing to do with the panel programming but the setting of the alerts through the cloud, so at the point its transferred and set up I have nothing more to do with the system.

I could make it available to diynot members I guess but can't guarantee how long that will last and if pyrnix put up there prices than obviously it will have a knock on affect.

I have found the service a pain, and did stop taking people on recently, the service is available again now, but I am not recommending it, a back up solution for alarm notifications like SMS is recommended.

remember the pyronix cloud is maintained by Pyronix not the installation company, once its setup and working the following issues can occur.

1. phone or smart device update stops notifications working, check your smart devices for new features and settings around battery saving and notifications.

2. No internet connection at your property for the alarm, check that is working.

3. No service/ internet connection on the mobile phone, please check you have a good signal/ connection.

4. If things persist notify the person you are paying and they should be able to contact Pyronix for an update on the situation.

This applies to all systems using apps and notifications.

I have found the service a pain, and did stop taking people on recently, the service is available again now, but I am not recommending it, a back up solution for alarm notifications like SMS is recommended.

remember the pyronix cloud is maintained by Pyronix not the installation company, once its setup and working the following issues can occur.

1. phone or smart device update stops notifications working, check your smart devices for new features and settings around battery saving and notifications.

2. No internet connection at your property for the alarm, check that is working.

3. No service/ internet connection on the mobile phone, please check you have a good signal/ connection.

4. If things persist notify the person you are paying and they should be able to contact Pyronix for an update on the situation.

This applies to all systems using apps and notifications.

Are you still offering the service going forward? Just wondering as you had sent me an email a good few months ago saying after the year ended you would not be providing the service anymore.
Thanks.

The service was stopping, due to those expecting tech support included when it's clear tech support isn't included unless you have a service contract.

Although many got some tech support for some time due to reliability issues of the service.

The service was stopping, due to those expecting tech support included when it's clear tech support isn't included unless you have a service contract.

Although many got some tech support for some time due to reliability issues of the service.
Understand, everything seems to be working well just now. If you are continuing to offer the contract without tech support then I am still Interested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back