Pyronix door sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove an internal door sensor in order to do some decorating. I can disable it in the app so will that also disable the tamper alarm? I don't have an engineer code so I can't use that. It's the V11.

Sponsored Links
No the tamper will go off. Stop it with your code and hopefully your engineer has set it up so that your code can reset the tamper also.

I have contacted Pyronix and they say that an engineer will have to come to disable the sensor and then come back to re-enable it. Can I definitely set it off and then cancel it with my code? They seem to think not!

No the tamper will go off. Stop it with your code and hopefully your engineer has set it up so that your code can reset the tamper also.

My message above applies. Until you try you won’t know whether the engineer has set it up for solely an engineer reset.

If you have an engineer company you could ask them if it goes pear shaped

Either way it sounds like you need to remove the sensor so…

Sponsored Links
Do most engineers leave a system so that only they can cancel a tamper alarm? Surely not. After all a burglar is not going to know my user code for the panel so it would still be perfectly secure if there was a user cancel function. I'll wait until my installer is back from holiday to find out the definitive answer but Pyronix seem to think that he'll need to come round to temporarily disable the sensor.

And what if someone targeting your property waited until you left, disabled your external sirens in broad daylight in a way that appeared they were in fact an alarm company…. Only to come back of an evening to break in?

The end user comes home notices a tamper on their panel looks at the siren and says oh it looks ok I’ll just reset it…

Some engineer companies will set it so the end user can reset it, some won’t. Either way it should have been made clear to the customer.

I’m sure if you call them they can offer you some advice.

Additionally even if the engineer is required to reset it an active tamper needing reset wouldn’t necessarily stop you using the alarm in the interim until they come to reset that. The engineer may have also set the panel up to allow the alarm to continue to be used during an active tamper, or they may have set it to lock the end user out until resolved.

The possibilities with professional systems are literally endless.

Engineer tamper reset is default on grade 2
As above this all depends on original set up.
If customer wants to change own batteries then should be programmed off.
Did your installer explain about battery replacement on handover ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back