Changing batteries in Pyronix Enforcer alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Pyronix Enforcer alarm (looks like wither a v10 or v11) which was installed professionally, but going forwards I would like to service it and change the batteries myself in the future. I have the manager's code but I don't have the engineer's code and I suspect the installer would resist giving this to me.

I have watched videos on how to change the batteries in the panel, sensors and alarm boxes, but I understand they can be setup to require an engineer reset after a "tamper"

Is there any way around this or am I out of options without the engineer code?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Defaulting a bit excessive if you don’t want to change any of the settings before knowing whether restore on tamper is set. Try and change the batteries and see what happens. If you can reset with your user code and are happy with the setup you already have then your all good

Defaulting a bit excessive if you don’t want to change any of the settings before knowing whether restore on tamper is set. Try and change the batteries and see what happens. If you can reset with your user code and are happy with the setup you already have then your all good
Thanks - that's what I was thinking. If I change the batteries and tamper is set, I assume I have to call out the engineer? (unless I default the panel, which I don't know how to do and I guess I would need to re-programme the whole thing).

Sponsored Links
Couple of things could happen…. You reset it fine. It asks for engineer reset or it asks for an anti code. Middle one is your only problem.

In a domestic install if an engineer has turned on a tamper reset then they are at it lol

Couple of things could happen…. You reset it fine. It asks for engineer reset or it asks for an anti code. Middle one is your only problem.

In a domestic install if an engineer has turned on a tamper reset then they are at it lol
What would I need to do in the (hopefully unlikely) event that it asks for an engineer reset?

Depends on system grading.
Un graded, then user tamper reset
Grade 2 engineer tamper reset,unless this has been changed at installation.

Last edited:
I gather there is no way of knowing without trying it out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back