Pyronix Enforcer SMS not dialing out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Hoping someone will be able to help. I have tried Pyronix but they refuse to help.
I have installed a Pyronix intruder alarm with a GSM module all is working well apart from the SMS messaging. Thinking the GSM module was at fault I sent it back to the company who supplied it. To their credit they replaced it without quibble. I have now fitted the new board but to no avail, still no sms message.
The setup is as follows.
Programme Arc/SMS (response yes)
Programme Arc/SMS calls (response yes)
Arc/SMS is enabled (response yes)
Arc details 1 (response yes)
Active yes (response yes)
Format 133 SMS message (response yes)
Mobile number ( entered using 0044 ) ( response yes)
Valid areas A ( response yes )
Content 1 – 16 (6, response yes)
Content 7 – 32 ( nothing entered ) (response yes)
Redials 3 (response yes )
Timeout seconds 55 ( response yes )

I'm sure this must be a setup problem if anyone can help I would be eternally grateful.

Sponsored Links
Looks alright how are you testing it and your mobile number is 0044 ? ?

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Mobile No. 00447807471656.
I simply set the system and generated an intruder alarm by opening the front door. Not sure how long it takes to register an sms message so left it 2min. before resetting.
I have also tested the sim in my phone to ensure it is working OK. It is a security sim and selects the O2 network.

IMG_0119.PNG
Remove the 0044 and put normal number in 07804 etc
Now try ensure the programming is as above.
If you are still having a problem. You need to see what the leds are doing on the GSM modem they flash when dialling number .look on GSM modem instructions they how what each led means.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this handymanjo, I will try tomorrow as it is a little late to set the alarm off tonight.

Thanks for all the help I now have a working system.

Changed number as handymanjo suggested but still did not work. I added content 13 which sends an sms message when engineering menu is entered and exited, just to save the bother of triggering an alarm every time I wanted to generate an alarm.
To my surprise it worked every time, in fact other content settings work apart from content 6.
I now have the system set to ring out on content 5 and all is well.
Why content 6 doesn't work is still a mystery.

Alarm response setup
Silent 1st alarm- never
Disable confirm - On entry
Area A start at - Digi
Area A stops at - confirm
Areas B to D as area A but not used
Fire starts and stops at - Digi not used
Gas set as Fire not used
HU starts at Digi stops at confirm not used
Day alarm start at - sirens only
Day alarm stop at - sirens only

@vic

Did you ever find out why content type 6 wasn't working for you? It seems that I get a line fault so something different but I am still interested why the content type 6 isn't working for you.

Thanks
-Greg

Hi Greg,

Sorry not to reply earlier but I have been away.

No I did not get to the bottom of content type 6 not working. I have left the system set up with content type 5 only problem is it sends multiple text messages ie one for every circuit that is tripped.

Hi Greg,

Sorry not to reply earlier but I have been away.

No I did not get to the bottom of content type 6 not working. I have left the system set up with content type 5 only problem is it sends multiple text messages ie one for every circuit that is tripped.

There are lots of manuals available for so called NON installer BUT nothing like a troubleshooting guide where you can try to figure out the root cause of a certain problem, its a pity to be honest.

Hi Greg, I did work out how to do it but I cannot remember what I did. Like all these things when you know it is so obvious but I couldn't find it documented anywhere and it took me a long while to work it out. if I remember I will let you know sorry I can't be more helpful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back