Pyronix Enforcer Wireless Alarm System - GSM-KIT-1 (Line fault)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed the GSM-Kit-1 and everything is working as expected except the SMS part. I purchased a GiffGaff SIM card with £10 Top-UP and run through the setup like the one below:

Programme Arc/SMS (response yes)
Programme Arc/SMS calls (response yes)
Arc/SMS is enabled (response yes)
Arc details 1 (response yes)
Active yes (response yes)
Format 133 SMS message (response yes)
Mobile number ( entered using 075.... ) ( response yes)
Valid areas A ( response yes )
Content 1 – 16 (6, response yes)
Content 7 – 32 ( nothing entered ) (response yes)
Redials 3 (response yes )
Timeout seconds 45 ( response yes )

System accept everything and I leave the engineer mode but 5-10min later I get a line fault.

Did anyone have seen this in the past?

Thanks
-Greg

Sponsored Links
@sparkymarka, that is the next step as soon as I find my old mobile as the new one is only taking nano SIM card.

I fired up my old HTC Wildfire and the SIM card it just working fine. I will try it once again today and see if that makes any difference after using a mobile :) Perhaps the card should be plugged into a mobile first to work properly even that sounds not very logic but who knows.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried restarting the panel and/or module?

The GSM manual shows you what the LED's mean. Middle two orange = Good signal strength. Far right green pulsing = connecting to network. They shouldn't both be on.

It goes from bad to worse....now it shows me a Model Fault

https://goo.gl/photos/kmKix8UrK2geHgJj8

I have performed a clean start and disabled everything for now, will start tomorrow from scratch and see if I still have the modem fault as I assume then that the module is faulty.

@Josh_365 How do you restart the panel and/or the single GSM module? Remove it from power /battery? Not important right now as I have to start again but would be interested for the future in case I need that again :(

Yes just remove mains and battery power briefly.

If you've reset the panel then the digi modem is disabled by default, so it won't show any faults even if it's still there (unless you've re-enabled it of course!)

Does anyone know what it means if LED 2,3,4 of the GSM module are blinking ever 20sec? It's doesn't matter if ARC /SMS is enabled or not or the SIM card is plugged in or not it blinks anyway. Even I remove the module from the mains and reattach again the blinking of the three LED's every 20sec carries on. Could it be that the modem is defect and if so how to tell (Troubleshoot)?

Does anyone know what it means if LED 2,3,4 of the GSM module are blinking ever 20sec? It's doesn't matter if ARC /SMS is enabled or not or the SIM card is plugged in or not it blinks anyway. Even I remove the module from the mains and reattach again the blinking of the three LED's every 20sec carries on. Could it be that the modem is defect and if so how to tell (Troubleshoot)?

I have a GSM modem in my demo kit, will check the LED's tonight for you.

As I said above though, Middle two orange = Good signal strength. Far right green pulsing = connecting to network. They shouldn't both be on.

Have you tried a different sim?
Tried removing the data connection to the panel? (leaving just the power)

My gut feeling is a duff module

@Josh_365,
I am nearly sure that either the control panel or the GSM module itself is defective. The company I purchased the alarm system from is great and will replace the entire panel including the GSM module so that I will see very soon what happens with the new Kit

I would say try a replacement panel...you wont find many companies offering that sadly......Hopefully you will get sorted!

All,

Just wanted to report back, after I received a replacement panel all started working as expected. It's just a shame that that there is no good troubleshooting guide for non installer as that would be easier and would add to more customer satisfaction but whatever I got it to work in the end.

Thanks for all your help
-Gregor

Hi Gregor, I'm really surprised it was a faulty panel....never had any issues with Pyronix.......
You were lucky the distributor swapped panel for a DIY installer....where did you buy from ....Enterprise / ADI ?
MM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back