Pyronix Enforcer wired BELL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have almost completed a Pyronix Enforcer alarm install and all that remains is the external Bell which has got me stumped.

I do have an existing wired bell outside the house from an old alarm that is no longer connected and would like to reuse it.

The old bell cable was wired to the old control panel in the following way and I also attach a photo.

red and black wires in +ve and -ve terminals
blue and white wires under SCB section wired into points marked T and A on old control panel
Yellow wire on -ve terminal under STROBE connection.
The old control panel also had a very thick wire across the -ve and +ve connections under a TAMP heading (see attachment).

Can someone tell me how I connect these old Bell cables to the new Enforcer control panel? I would be grateful if you could also include how the resistors need to be done as this is especially confusing. I am hoping that the wired Bell itself does not need any changes as I don't have a tall ladder at the moment.

Once I know where the wires need to go, can I physically wire in the old bell into the Enforcer while the system is LIVE (powered on and in Engineers mode), or must I power the Enforcer off at the mains?

If I need to power it down, is it a case of going into Engineer mode, then opening the control panel, disconnecting the backup battery then flicking the mains fuse?

Thanks in advance and I hope someone can help!

Sat.

Attachments

• 20180120_164539.jpg
    20180120_164539.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 503
Sponsored Links
The big QUESTION is what is the bellbox ? As the enforcer has only 250ma for the bell box ! Ok with a deltabell as it low current or a bell running in low current or scb mode ...looks like the ladders may be needed !

Thanks SparkyMarka, I figured that because the old panel had the bell wired into the SCB section (T & A ports) that the bell might be working in SCB mode? It would be good to get your opinion on this. Is it worth a shot?

I do have a DeltaBell WE that I was going to use for the back of the house, but if the old one is a no goer I may have to use it up front.
Can the WE be hardwired? I think I read it can't be but the circuit board has 11-13.8V DC connection options as well as the battery pack ports.
I'm also not sure what the resistor is for on the DeltaBell either - no instructions !

Thanks again. I'll try and source a ladder.

By the way, out of interest, can PIR, wired bells be connected with the system live as the voltages for these inputs are low?

Sat.

The SCB terminals on ADE panels is misleading ...it's actually SAB So forget that , you can power the newer wireless delta bell ( to prolong the battery life ) but all the other signals are wireless so you could make use of the existing wire for this .

Sponsored Links
Was there not a wire in the bell output on the old panel?

Having another look at the pic I think there will be wires going into the bell output D+ and B- the red and black wires. Well thats if its a accenta alarm which i think it is.

On the the Enforcer input output board wire in. red-12v black-bell yellow-stb white-com that should work. If you want the bell to have tamper wire the green wire on to the end of the resistor and the other end of the resistor into z33 . You will then need to program zone 33 as tamper and name it bell tamper.

Last edited:
The fuse pops and you stick a wireless one up or a deltabell e up.

Hi,

Sorry to bring this post back to life..

Could you please let me know how you would wire this with an Enforcer & DeltaBell Bellbox?

Thanks,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back