Pyronix Homecontrol History?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Recently got Homecontrol setup with our Arc monitored alarm.
Can someone advise on what the following mean (assume it’s verifying connectivity to the Arc from our communicator) and should I expect to see this immediately after I arm the alarm?

Arc call start;
Arc call OK;

Notice it doesn’t appear show this after arming, and in a recent case it didn’t show until an hour after arming etc?
Is this something of concern?

Attachments

• IMG_6619.png
    IMG_6619.png
    372.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6635.png
    IMG_6635.png
    375.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6636.png
    IMG_6636.png
    368.6 KB · Views: 32
Sponsored Links
looks like you armed the system, iot called the arc and then it confirmed it was received okay.

looks like you armed the system, iot called the arc and then it confirmed it was received okay.
In the first photo, I've armed the system and immediately it appears to have called the arc and confirmed
i.e.
26/04/24 13:25:27 - Armed system
26/04/24 13:25:28 - ARC call start
26/04/24 13:25:29 - ARC call OK

However, in the 2nd/3rd photo, I've armed the system but does not call the arc immediately?
Its only called it just after midnight and received confirmation shortly afterwards.
i.e.
26/04/24 23:04:55 - Armed system
27/04/24 00:00:57 - ARC call start
27/04/24 00:00:59 - ARC call OK

Having checked the past few nights. It appears to perform the ARC call start and OK just after midnight.

My question - Is that the normal behaviour? i.e. to perform an ARC call and confirmation at a set time (around midnight).
Or should i expect it to perform this ARC connectivity check shortly after arming the system each time?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
how did you arm the system in both situations?
First time was remotely via app, and other time was via wireless keyfob.
However, over the last few days i've been arming via the remote app (and seeing the same behaviour i.e. no arc start/ok shortly after arming.)

But as mentioned before, i do consistently see the arc start and arc ok logs every night at around midnight.
Pretty sure this has even happen even when the system was not armed.

I can't explain why i was seeing arc start/ok during the installation day shortly after arming the alarm. Just thought this was the expected behaviour.

Its probably setup to send a test call at that time. Id guess that its not set up to send open/close signals when part armed, only when full set or all areas are set.

Its probably setup to send a test call at that time. Id guess that its not set up to send open/close signals when part armed, only when full set or all areas are set.
Ok, tried doing a full set (via remote app).
First instance I used a normal user and waited 5mins after arming then checked the logs and no arc checks.
Second instance, I used the manager user and waited 2mins after arming and samething...no arc checks.

For the experience installers, can I ask should it normally do ARC checks during either a Full Set or Part Set?
Or is the norm to just reschedule daily Arc checks on a scheduled interval time (it appears that is how my system is behaving i.e. checks done around midnight).

I'm only asking the above as I have noted that it did Arc checks on the day of the install during arming. But not now for whatever reason.

1714417091826.png
1714417135465.png

Or just full set and night set. Then the system should send a close signal the the ARC

Or just full set and night set. Then the system should send a close signal the the ARC
As it stands, I can only arm Full Set A or Night Set B. I can't arm multiple areas.

I should add that on the day of the install, I came across an issue with the remote keyfobs later that day and some further changes were made.
This meant that i am only able to arm Full set A or Night set B (I can't arm both).
The remote keyfobs had some issue where i could not disarm unless the alarm is triggered.

Hence, I do wonder if the changes have meant that the Arc checks are no longer getting done?

I assume from your response, that an Arc check should be carried out on either Full set or Night sets?
I sense this would be a logical thing to expect, as you would immediately get a sense that the system is arming properly....rather than waiting at midnight to get a confirmation that Arc connectivity's is ok.
Would you agree?

When the system is armed, it will send a close signal to the arc. When disarmed will send an open. At default, the output will be programmed as final set all, which means it will only send the close signal if all areas are armed. Your system will never send an open/close signal in this case as it is not setup so that you can arm all areas simultaneously. In the first screenshot you posted it shows armed full set and night set, followed by a call to the arc, which will have been the close(armed) signal. Was this when the installer was present ?

When the system is armed, it will send a close signal to the arc. When disarmed will send an open. At default, the output will be programmed as final set all, which means it will only send the close signal if all areas are armed. Your system will never send an open/close signal in this case as it is not setup so that you can arm all areas simultaneously. In the first screenshot you posted it shows armed full set and night set, followed by a call to the arc, which will have been the close(armed) signal. Was this when the installer was present ?

Yes correct, first screenshot (below) i took when the installer was present, and we armed the system. This appeared to do both Full set and Night set.
However, it did not make sense to arm both full set and night set at the sametime i.e. full set is the same as night set with the exclusion of to 2 pirs upstairs.

Apologies but I didn't quite follow the details of your response.
What do we mean by the technical terms of sending a close signal to the arc or an open signal to the arc (didnt follow this)?

Is a close signal translate to the "Arc call start and Arc call OK" i.e. sending a test signal to the arc, and receiving an acknowledge from the arc on the test signal. However, not sure what the open signal translates to?

If i follow correct, I assume what you are saying is that by default the system will only send these Arc checks (Arc call start / arc call ok) only when ALL areas are armed. However, as I am only able to arm single areas (either Fullset or night set) the system will never do these Arc checks during the arming. Is that what you mean?
I assume the system can be programmed to perform these Arc checks by arming individual areas i.e. Full Set or Night Set.
Hence, should i get my installer to revisit the programmed settings for this?

1714423479624.png

It is not an arc check.
Arc call start means a call to the arc has been initiated
Arc call ok means the call has been completed and the message has been conveyed to the arc - I.e system set/unset. If the alarm is activated and intruder signal will be conveyed to the arc in the same way.
It looks like the system has been programmed as such that it will send a daily test call around midnight every day. This is to verify that the transmission path is working. It is not really required to do this as the arc will register a poll failnif communication is lost.
Your installer should be able to resolve the issues easily with a couple of programming changes.
Is the system police monitored ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back