Pyronix Kits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, i know I have another thread re Wireless Alarms but this is specificaly Pyronix.
After reading god knows how many posts re Pyronix and finding these seem to be far superior to the Yale easy fit, I'm now looking at this kit.
http://map-security.com/pyronix-enforcer-wireless-alarm-system-pstn-kit-1-clone.html
Add to this the GPRS module, I would use a GiffGaff sim on the O2 network.

I would also need four extra MC1 or MC2-WE sensors, back and front doors, kitchen windows and conservatory door, plus an extra keyfob.

Is this all I require to get the alarm up and running, have i missed something?
There are no side entrancies or windows. Attached garage but no entrance to the house from there.
Would leaving the kitchen windows without sensors, and installing a pir looking down the kitchen be OK. Would this interfear with the back door sensor also in the kitchen?

Re the PIRs, as you can see from my avatar, I have a large dog who has the run of the house when we are not all out together, just how pet friendly are the PIRs re this?

Finally for now, can the firmware be updated on these alarms or is that only a registered installer only option and is the link above a good place to buy?

Thanks, Bri

Sponsored Links
to my knowledge you are unable to upgrade the firmware, certainly wasnt able to, but not done one for while.

Texecom micro contacts are good, can hide inside pvc frames, they have wireless keypads now, as for easy to setup that's a matter of opinion.

The app notifications especially android are not great, Texecom connect is not yet available but due out soon.

Thanks secureiam, another question. What are the typical installation and annual maintainance costs of a system as above or similar? Probably varies depending where you live but Im WN4 area of Greater Manchester or as I still regard it as South Lancashire.:)

well like everything else I don't install wireless without site survey, had three properties in the last month I wouldn't put wireless in unless I used ricochet or repeaters because they would have struggled on there own. Thick walls or unseen metal work.

Maintenance is another one, where different firms may give you different options, ie annual service and one call out, to all inclusive packages and multiple call outs, best to get few quotes.

Sponsored Links
Well, as the saying goes, if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.:D:D
Ta, thanks for the input.

Bri

I have price guide on my site but its only guide for the system I normally do.

Good advice being given above.......I'd also agree about the texecom contacts ,they are pretty poor...
I don't really understand why Pyronix stopped doing the PSTN kits.....not everybody wants app technology.

Not really sure if you can still get the PSTN kits..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back