pyronix kx10dp-we pir not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have 2 pyronix kx10dp-we pir units that do not seem to be detecting motion. I've placed a working battery in each of them and the tamper switch does set off the alarm with a blue led coming on as expected on the pir.
the sensor is set to high detection on the jumper settings. do I need to remove these pirs from the system then re-add them to get the working or should the blue led come on anyway if I have the cover off and wave my hand in front of the sensor which seems to work on the other pirs.

Thanks in advance.

Sat.

Sponsored Links
Have you got the pet tolerant lens fitted.These pir come with pet lens fitted,if you don't have a pet then remove lens and pir will be more sensitive.

Last edited:
Are you saying the blue led does not come on when you walk in front of the sensor when the alarm is not set ?

Sponsored Links
correct, this is the behaviour on the suspect ones. the one that seems to be working does flash blue.

Wireless pir's go to sleep when the system is not set,this is a battery saving function.The alarm will waken the sensor up when the system is set.
Put your system into walk test and test sensor or set alarm then walk in front if sensor.

ok. I've so far tried something similar with the home control app open and logged in on my phone. I can see all the devices and only see it react for the good sensor when I walk past it. I'll try the walk test via the panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back