Pyronix KX10DP WE PIR Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just installed a Pyronix enforcer system with 3 KX10DP pir's.
All the system was fine when I bench programmed and tested it but now the pir's are in the rooms they don't seem to trigger as expected if at all during the walk test.
Living room one is fitted in a corner 2.3m from the floor scanning all the room and through an arch into the dinning room, second one is in the dining room again 2.3m from the floor scanning this room and into the extension.
I know they work and placed them where the old system pirs were.
I have tried putting them into lower mode but its still the same.
Any ideas?

Cheers

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi, Thanks for replying.
Bench test was basically getting everything together and programmed and tested before installation as I'd only ever done a Yale system before.
It was all good and testing was fine. All pir's show excellent connection in their final position.
Even waving in front of them doesn't do anything, no blue lights.
Pic 1 is Living room
Pic 2 is dining room with living room in the background
Pic 3 is top of the stairs

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 263
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 234
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 266
First thing ....do you have pets ? .....if not remove the pet filters ....
Second thing ....walk test are you putting the panel in walk test or are you just walking around looking for the led to light up ?

Sponsored Links
Hi
We do have a small dog but she's in the extension if we go out, we have a glass door between the dining room and extension, if I took the pet filter off is it possible it could trigger?
Did walk test in engineers mode and got my other half to walk around, 1 out of 3 triggered, living room one but only when she went into the dining room.
Presume the pet filter is the slotted bit of white plastic?

UPDATE
Pet filters off and PIRs seems to be working as expected, will see what happens when I go out later!

I have found one thing odd, when looking at the wired bell its coming back on the display as cF, input 1-33 is 0.23k, 2-34 is 25.0k, PS is 13.3V <0.10A, is this all fine?
BB was wired as installation manual.
I did find another way to wire it on here and if thats a better way I'll opt for that, then the spare wire I can use for Eng Hold.

One last thing, how weather resistant are the bell boxes, mine seems to have small gaps at the side and everything is as flat as possible.

Attachments

• BBox.JPG
    BBox.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 332
  • lJkTD4x2.jpg
    lJkTD4x2.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Petwise PIR's strike again, should be banned????

Always follow manufacturers installation instructions

Problem with instructions is they vary, the ones that came with the Deltabell X are different to the ones in the kit.

At least on those PIR's you can remove the plastic, don't have that option on some other brands.

Cant comment on them being different without seeing them both to be honest, would have thought the delta bell manual would have connections to other panels on there also and the enforcer manual would have options for other bells.

Here's both options

Attachments

• deltabell.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 283
  • BBox.JPG
    BBox.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 216
U sure it doesnt say 2.3k for input 33 as it is showing closed circuit which is fine. U need to program input 33 as tamper aswell.

Just don't rate petwise sensors

Are there any systems that have pet supressed PIRs that work reliably. I.e. no false alarms and alarm when someone breaks in.

I was thinking about putting an enforcer v10 kit in but now thinking again. we have a dog (sprocker) and he's likely to be in the house when we are out. Whilst I could close upstairs for example he wouldn't cope with being locked in one room...

There are numerous threads on here about petwise, pet tolerant, pet immune sensors.

The smaller the animal the less of a risk of a false alarm, limit there access to the house when out and perimeter protection are better options.

I have been to numerous properties where the customer is relatively short and cant activate a petwise sensor, even been to houses were a step is the difference between them being detected or not (6 inches ish).

With wireless sensors you have to be wary of them sleeping, so been to many houses where they think the installer has pulled a fast one , only to show them that if they have just walked all round the house the pir's are sleeping, get them to put the kettle on have a few sips then do the walk test and show them all working. (sleep is about 3 mins) kettle boil time is about 2.5 to 3 mins...but if they have fast boil kettles or instant boil out of the tap it screws my timing up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back