Are these Pyronix PIR’s really this unsophisticated?

As a layman, I am surprised that house alarms which are hardly cutting edge given how long they have been on the market haven't developed beyond their current state. I can't be the only house owner who is after an accurate detection of an intruder without having to invest in commercial grade/exorbitantly priced systems...

Thanks again.

What do you expect for a tenner!

I’d fit a Pyronix TMD set up as tri-mode.

Sponsored Links
EBA0FE2C-A83F-45D5-8B68-8FB6451D45D9.jpeg
I take it ....you have tried to alter the sensitivity ?

I’ve got the default settings in place. Here’s an image.

Are you suggesting that these are cheap-and-nasty? If yes, it’s the first suggestion of that. I don’t have any issues in replacing these if I can be convinced of an improvement.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• DE7DBEDA-6249-4C27-A447-585594C0B556.jpeg
    DE7DBEDA-6249-4C27-A447-585594C0B556.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 5DE7806A-1CD2-4319-BBCA-0D131B11B7D2.jpeg
    5DE7806A-1CD2-4319-BBCA-0D131B11B7D2.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 182
Sponsored Links
As a layman, I am surprised that house alarms which are hardly cutting edge given how long they have been on the market haven't developed beyond their current state. I can't be the only house owner who is after an accurate detection of an intruder without having to invest in commercial grade/exorbitantly priced systems...

Thanks again.

I’ve got the default settings in place. Here’s an image.

Are you suggesting that these are cheap-and-nasty? If yes, it’s the first suggestion of that. I don’t have any issues in replacing these if I can be convinced of an improvement.

Thanks again.
No not at all. They are fantastic value.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back