Texecom Premier Elite 48 - QD false alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 12 months ago I fitted a Texecom Premier Elite wireless system. The system commissioned without any problems and walk test was fine. The system consists of 6 PIR's, 4 Dual and 2 Quads. Since then I have had 4 false alarms, all on the Quad PIR's . The first 2 (about 2 months apart was on the landing PIR, one at about 5 in morning and one mid afternoon. I could see no reason for the alarm. PIR facing a number of closed doors and no windows. In the end I changed this out for a Dual PIR. Last night I had the second false alarm in the dining room. Again a Quad PIR facing in from the window and towards the center of the room. I took it down and saw no obvious issues with it. As a temporary measure I have set this sensor to double knock (7 seconds). I have just ordered another Dual PIR but would be interested in any views as to why I am getting false alarms. (Wishing now I had cabled the PIR's instead....)

Thanks, Nigel

Sponsored Links
hi. i have had exactly the same with the QD pit. i am just about to change them out for TD versions. really not impressed with them. i have had two delivered and found the mirrored optics had swirls all over them. which looks like a manufacturing defect. got them replaced for TD by the people who i got them from. but i have three QD left installed so will be replacing them as well as they keep false alarming. i have had the alarm on soak test for a month now because they keep failing
I made alert electrical aware the people who i purchased the pirs from and they have tried to contact texecom with no success
I will be chasing it up in the morning

Hi grumpy 77 - yes I have had same issue. I had 6 PIR's of which 2 were QD's and other 4 were DT's. In the year since I fitted system I have had 4 false alarms - all on QD's. I replaced one about 3 months ago and other one 2 weeks ago and so far still no false alarms on the DT's. Hopefully that will sort the problem - I wonder if wired QD's also suffer same issue. My previous house had a wired system using Standard IR sensors and never had a false alarm in 15 years. Cheers. Nigel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back