Texecom Premier Elite - EOL or Normally Closed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just installed a Texecom Premier Elite 24 in my garage. All seems to be working just fine touch wood....

I have 3 roller shutter contacts which are wired up as separate, normally closed zones. I also configured the PIR as a normally closed zone and it seems to work fine.......I did this because I am unfamiliar with the resistors on the EOL wiring.

Is there any issue wiring the PIR in this way or should it be EOL? (PIR is a Pyronix KX 15M Microwave and digital PIR recommended for a garage environment).

Thanks in advance.

Rich.

Sponsored Links
EOL is the way I would go.

on the elite 24, you have two terminals for a zone at the panel so normally closed means you have a global tamper circuit which is a bad show.

using EOL would give alarm and tamper alerts for each zone, making it easoer to id if things go wrong.

if you have built in resistors/ selectable the instructions should tell you which terminals to connect to and what selection is required.

so Double pole eol selected for zone type on the 24 would use 4K7 across the alarm terminals and 2k2 as the end of line resistor.

If you are manually adding resistor:
wire 4k7 resistor one end in one alarm terminal
the other leg in the other alarm terminal,
a 2k2 resistor one of the alarm terminals and then the other leg into one of the tamper terminals.

wires from alarm terminal without the 2k2 resistor in
the other wire to the tamper terminal without any resistors in.

wire from zone-----O----4K7----O----2K2----O O------wire to zone

there are lots of digrams around if adding manually.

Thanks that helps.

So the two zone terminals on the panel would have both the tamper and loop wires attached?

Having a tamper that is identifiable per zone would be beneficial but is that the only advantage of eol? I mean is having it set to 'normally closed' in any way less reliable?

I don't think I need to add the resistor manually as there are jumpers within the pir for the different resistance values but I need to check manual when I get home.

Thanks

there would be two wires into the zone. one coming from the PIR's alarm terminal and the other from the tamper terminal.

if you have a global tamper now, you effectively free up two cables, and get zone reporting.

With built in resistors you should connect to the pir terminals as recommended in the manual.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply - all sorted now with the resistors and tampers. Easy when you know how!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back