Texecom premier elite 24 pir

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys
Just wondering if you could be so kind to give me some advice
I'm an electrician and have installed many texecom veritas models with no problems.
Just installed a premier elite and I'm stumped by the wiring?!
I'm used to wiring in a normally closed operation and by linking out the tamper wires to create a tamper circuit for the pirs.
I understand the premier is set up for eol wiring and can be changed to use normally closed.
If so, do I use the aux/fault connections as the tamper, as I would a veritas panel?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
I don't know texecom, but you would normally use a spare zone to monitor your tamper circuit. Program the zone as tamper/ 24hr.

Ahhh
Just read that you can set a zone to tamper
So the aux/fault would remain linked out as it came out of the box?

No just use the aux as the global tamper , but to do it right use EOL this will have separate tampers on each device ...it's not rocket science ....even better buy devices with EOL resistors built in ...

Sponsored Links
Maybe not rocket science to you ;)
I dont really dabble with alarms that often
I've heard that eol is better..why?

When you have a global tamper and you have 8 devices to check or the keypad says it's the front door tamper .....that's why !

Hi guys
Am having challenge on wiring my Texecom elite 24 to Pir..
PIR: + - Tamper Eol Relay
So guys how do I connect it to Texecom elite 24 panel

You have a panel capable of EOL, it makes sense to use it.

Global tampers are really for panels that doesn't have the eol option.

EOL isn't difficult, you can manually add resistors if the detector doesn't have selectable ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back