How to remove pet filter from Pyronix PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Pyronix PIR (KX10DP-WE) has no sensitivity at low height so I would like to remove the pet filter (we have no pets) as they say you can do in the manual 'removing the pet mask in the lens'.

However, I can't work out how to remove the mask. The little screw is covered a transparent plastic lens that will not move.

Martin

Sponsored Links
Take off front , get a small flat blade screwdriver and push upwards on the bands of the plastic pet inlay , it should now be loose , you can now pull the plastic inlay out of the detector front ...

Never seen a 42" TV pinched by someone as small as a puppy, has anyone?

No, but I have seen two scrotes crawl really slowly past two dualtechs and the proceed to smash seven shades of poo out of a fruit machine... :eek:

Anyway, maybe they're just after the phones and tablets.

Sponsored Links
Old thread but I was looking for this answer too, and could not find it.
Eventually I figured it out.
If you press firmly and carefully on the front of the clear plastic for the LED, it will pop out.
Its tight, so however or whatever you use to press it out be sure not to mark it :)
once its out you can unscrew the screw that you mentioned.
Lift out the whole of the inner plastic that holds the mask in place and the mask will just fall out.
Put back the inner plastic without the mask.
refit the screw
and then push the clear plastic back in place firmly.
Job Done :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back