Pyronix self install

Yeah you need to speak to whoever is in control of the pyronix cloud at the installing company and ask them to clarify notifications & users etc.

The only problem with relying on the internet for notifications is that your mobile & the alarm need a connection, if for example you have no signal or you have a power cut at home you will not get a notification. Hence another reason my firm insists on a conventional phoneline connection to a monitoring station too.

You will need the installer code to retreve the unique panel ID to set up a cloud account.

Your phone needs to have notifications enabled in the settings for the app & also needs a internet signal Wifi or 3G/4G etc...

Sponsored Links
Yeah you need to speak to whoever is in control of the pyronix cloud at the installing company and ask them to clarify notifications & users etc.

The only problem with relying on the internet for notifications is that your mobile & the alarm need a connection, if for example you have no signal or you have a power cut at home you will not get a notification. Hence another reason my firm insists on a conventional phoneline connection to a monitoring station too.

You will need the installer code to retreve the unique panel ID to set up a cloud account.

Your phone needs to have notifications enabled in the settings for the app & also needs a internet signal Wifi or 3G/4G etc...

I was on the phone at home when the alarm went off. The Mrs opened the patio doors to let the dog out before disarming the alarm!

My previous alarm had a phone connection, but as we don't use the landline anymore I wanted something internet based, although understand its limitations. I was thinking telecom initially but this installer recommended the Pyronix system which I suspected at the time was based on the extra income model from the cloud service which they do not receive with the telecom based system I think.

I didn't have an issue with it because the Pyronix looks like a better cloud based system, but just expected to have control over basic functionality as I mentioned previously.

I think I have the unique panel ID and cloud account password.

The Texecom system is free but has its issues although they are releasing a cloud based system this month apparently. At present the Pyronix cloud seems to be a good platform and works well. Check with your installer about the recent activation. Good luck

Tags yes , careful siting will help if curtains are moving . If your not bothered about version 10 look to see if anybody is still the Gsm kit

I really don't get why Pyronix have stopped producing the GSM kit 1........Using the V10 means you then have to purchase DIGI GSM which adds the best part of £100 on your bill and you have a redundant wifi module.....To me it seems like a pyronix cash cow with the cloud!!

I'm not fussed on all this app nonsense.........I heard that Scantronic are releasing a new wireless system to compete with PYR...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I'm thinking about getting the V10 with GSM or GPRS module as I don't want to rely on WiFi. I'm not too bothered by the cloud app just now but I might want to use it in the future. I definitely would like to be able to arm/disarm the alarm remotely through SMS.

Pyronix's website mentions that both GSM and GPRS modules offer remote control. However, the manual doesn't even mention the GSM module. Therefore, I'm wondering whether the GSM module is compatible with V10 at all. If yes, does anyone know if it allows for a remote control through SMS or notification only?

The price of GSM and GPRS modules is the same so I'll probably opt in for the GPRS anyway so I might use the cloud in the future. However, at this point, I'm not interested in cloud and paying subscription fees. Would anyone be able to advise me on this one please: if I bought V10 with the GPRS module, would I be able to remotely control it through SMS without using the cloud app (and paying subscription fees)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back