Pyronix self install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to put a Pyronix system in my house. I am planning a pretty simple set up with 4 PIRs and 1 door contact. When away, all should be active, at night all but 1 PIR will be active.

I am not keen on the new WIFI/cloud systems which seem to cost £36+ per year. I want a simple text-me-when-alarm solution. However, most sellers seem to sell the new Enforcer V.10 Kits which are all WIFI.

A few questions:

Provided I order the GSM module, can I still use a V.10 kit for SMS notifications without WIFI?

Is the ENF32UK-WE panel really fully wireless or do I need to connect anything? What about the previous ENF32GB-WE panel?

Are the standard KX10DP-WE PIRs good enough, or is it worth upgrading to the Dual Tech PIRs?

How long do the batteries tend to last for panel, PIRs, bell?

Lastly, do the Wireless Proximity Tags also work with this system and can they be used to alarm/disarm the system?

Sponsored Links
Gsm ....yes ....apart from 240v mains supply ....no ...never had an issue with the pirs , no need for dt's but depending on where you are fitting them ? Got systems out there 3 years old still ok , are you talking about wireless fob or proximity tag ?

Thanks for the reply. So it sounds like I will be going for the V.10 kit, take out the WIFI and add a GSM kit.

I'm fitting the PIRs in lounge, hallway and bedrooms. Sometimes I leave some of the bedroom windows slightly open, so the curtains might move slightly. Would DTs help with that?

I meant the proximity tag - can those be used to alarm/disarm the system?

A DT is probably as likely to trigger as a PIR is with curtains blowing around, the microwave part of the sensor is much more sensitive to physical movement than the PIR and would probably be in constant alarm with curtains moving. Indeed, I've seen alarms set off due to curtains moving before so it's generally best to secure windows and doors if you want a good chance of avoiding false alarms where movement sensors are concerned.

The tags are more often used to arm/disarm alarm systems than anything else, but bear in mind, if they get into the wrong hands, it becomes very easy for an undesirable to switch off your alarm system.

Sponsored Links
Tags yes , careful siting will help if curtains are moving . If your not bothered about version 10 look to see if anybody is still the Gsm kit

I have finished installing my Pyronix Enforcer and everything seems to be working fine. Took me about 5 hours, but it was my first alarm install. 2 of those were wasted on figuring out why the PIRs wouldn't go off. Turns out the pet versions have a mesh insert, which needs to be taken out (or cut into size) in order for them to work normally. With the insert, I literally had to jump around the room to set the trigger, even on high sensitivity.

Just a few questions to finish my setup:
- Can someone explain the "disable confirm on entry" option to me. I have this set to no which is the standard setting, but the user manual explanation doesn't make any sense
- Is there a way to program a panic button. I got as far as pressing fob buttons I+II will trigger user output 1, but haven't figured out how to assign the siren to this output
- Is it correct that the UK enforcer with GSM cannot be set/unset via SMS? My manual is silent on this. I receive alarm messages just fine (set to option 7)

I have finished installing my Pyronix Enforcer and everything seems to be working fine. Took me about 5 hours, but it was my first alarm install. 2 of those were wasted on figuring out why the PIRs wouldn't go off. Turns out the pet versions have a mesh insert, which needs to be taken out (or cut into size) in order for them to work normally. With the insert, I literally had to jump around the room to set the trigger, even on high sensitivity.

Just a few questions to finish my setup:
- Can someone explain the "disable confirm on entry" option to me. I have this set to no which is the standard setting, but the user manual explanation doesn't make any sense
- Is there a way to program a panic button. I got as far as pressing fob buttons I+II will trigger user output 1, but haven't figured out how to assign the siren to this output
- Is it correct that the UK enforcer with GSM cannot be set/unset via SMS? My manual is silent on this. I receive alarm messages just fine (set to option 7)
I would also like to know if the enforcer GSM cannot be set/unset via SMS? I'm also not really interested with the cloud system or the PSTM because my internet and phone is the same cable and easily cut from outside.

Last edited:
In enginer mode > wireless device control > program keyfob buttons you can set up the keyfob I+II = Hold Up (Panic Alarm)

Why not use a digi gprs it comes with a free year of data and sim card
What are the costs after the free period? Seems You can arm / disarm by sms on GSM 9.2 or above.
I have a spare GiffGaff sim card with a tenner on it, if I could use that I'm sure it would las quite awhile?

Can I ask a question about this system please. I have just had one professionally installed but the installer seems to maintain control of the Pyronix Cloud access i.e. if I need an additional person authorised on the app I need to call the installer, if I want the notifications changed again I have to call the installer.

I have access to the app of course.

Is this normal for the installer to maintain such control?

Our firm does the same, its all done to maintain revenue by the installing company. All pyronix cloud connections must also be using our monitoring station. We also go one step further whereas the unique panel ID will only work with our cloud account, so cannot be unlocked and used privately.

These new generation of control panels like the enforcer are almost at DIY level & have the ability for the end user to monitor thier system via an app. This is not good news for installing companys hence they want to maintain some control over the account.

Our firm does the same, its all done to maintain revenue by the installing company. All pyronix cloud connections must also be using our monitoring station. We also go one step further whereas the unique panel ID will only work with our cloud account, so cannot be unlocked and used privately.

These new generation of control panels like the enforcer are almost at DIY level & have the ability for the end user to monitor thier system via an app. This is not good news for installing companys hence they want to maintain some control over the account.

What happens if I want to move installers at some time? Is there any way of checking if my alarm is tied down to their cloud account?

I pay an annual fee to have my alarm serviced and maintained I shouldn't need to go through them to be able to control it.

I don't particularly mind them having some sort of control over the cloud service, but I should have the ability to be able to add authorised users or change the notification requirements etc without having to call an engineer.

They should be able to add users and allow additional notifications etc without calling an enginner out as they just change the settings on the pyronix cloud on the office PC, it cannot be done at the panel at your property.

My firm has their own custom built enforcer software which i believe to be a unique deal with pyronix hence the panel ID does not work elsewhere your panel should be able to be unlocked if needs be & controlled by another maintainer.

They should be able to add users and allow additional notifications etc without calling an enginner out as they just change the settings on the pyronix cloud on the office PC, it cannot be done at the panel at your property.

My firm has their own custom built enforcer software which i believe to be a unique deal with pyronix hence the panel ID does not work elsewhere your panel should be able to be unlocked if needs be & controlled by another maintainer.

I suspect the ladies in the office are just admin.

The alarm was activated the other day in error and we didn't receive a notification despite the phone set up to allow notifications so I wanted to check what settings had been put in by default because the options were not discussed at the time of install.

If I cancel the contract at some point in the future can I then re-regiser with Pyronix cloud or does it require some sort of engineers magic code?

Just out of interest, does the state of the phone i.e. vibrate etc make an impact on the notification?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back