pyronix sim card

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, I moved my alarm to a different company i use the pyroinx app
i found out that it uses a sim to send signals etc digi sim i think they said
but they are wanting to swap it to a wifi module at a cost of over £200 is it possible i can just replace the sim myself with say an 02 sim
and make sure there always enough credit on it? also does anyone have a rough idea the amount of data i would need monthly

my system is a euro 46

TIA

Sponsored Links
How old is this system ? If it’s a version 10 then it’s probably a GPRS+SIM either ask for it to be released by the other alarm company and pay the subscription for the year …it may not just be the wifi at £200 as it’s the panel that will be locked to another company’s cloud account

How old is this system ? If it’s a version 10 then it’s probably a GPRS+SIM either ask for it to be released by the other alarm company and pay the subscription for the year …it may not just be the wifi at £200 as it’s the panel that will be locked to another company’s cloud account
See this is the thing asked for the app subscription to be renewed by the previous company said they would need to call out to do it along with yearly maintenance visit twice I took the day of work and they where a no show, I spoke to pyronix who released the panel from them after 14 days or something as they didn’t reply to them either, the new company has me set up on the app I can see there logo when I log into home control but if I try to set the alarm it says “connecting failed the phone is not authorised yet” the new company wants to change it to digi Wi-Fi it seems they are against the sim idea for some reason though I would have thought a sim is more safer? If it ran of Wi-Fi only then surly someone could damage the fiber box at the front of the house if they wanted to break in then I wouldn’t be notified, they said they will do the sim option but I have to supply the sim and top it up etc, just trying to keep cost down as I’ve just paid for the service etc for them to take over it

Best to pay for GPRS pyronix app fee. Pay as you go sims can has setup issues.
Have you paid for you existing service?
Failed to connect suggests that not live connection or not setup correctly.
Uninstall app and then reinstall app and setup with app password and system ID.This information is in app setup in user menu on your control panel.

Sponsored Links
Phone is not authorised , it’s not been allowed on the cloud , get them back to sort it …is it on this company’s cloud account ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back