Pyronix Enforcer withGSM Module

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hoping someone will be able to give me some advice.
I have just installed a Pyronix Enforcer with a GSM Module, all working well with no problems but I have yet to install a SIM card.
I intend to fit a pay as you go sim card. Is there any benefit fitting a particular card or will any network do?
Also is there a way to inhibit the tamper alarm in the control box when I fit the sim card or is it a case of disconnecting the battery as quickly as possible.

Best regards

Sponsored Links
Only problem with pay as you go SIM cards.Some networks will cancel sim if not used in a certain time period (90 days) You may have to text SIM or set alarm off every 90 days to keep credit live.
Most networks will work but not three network.
You could look at security SIM cards,these will send you a text every month to keep SIM alive and also text you when credit low.
Some pay as you go SIM card will allow credit to stay live until credit runs out not many around.
To install GSM module without setting off tampers you will need to put the system into installer mode (engineering)

Thanks for the prompt reply your information is most helpful.
Regarding the tamper alarm putting the controller into engineering mode inhibits all the sender tamper alarms (PIR's and door contacts) but not the Controller itself.
regards

Is your control panel pyronix enforcer ?
Installer mode isolates all tampers with the exception of the wireless bell box
Are you using engineer code and not master code ?

Sponsored Links
The Engineer Menu must be accessed in order to program all system configurations.
NOTE 1: All tamper alarms (including case tamper), will be disabled once in the Engineer menu. NOTE 2: All personal attack and fire alarms will cause an alarm in the Engineer Menu.

Hi, yes it is an Enforcer and I was defiantly in the engineering menu using default code 1111.
Just had a quick look on the internet and your suggestion of a security sim is defiantly the way to go, more expensive but fulfil all my requirements.
Thanks for you help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back