Pyronix SMS Messages being blocked by EE

There is apparently another number that may or may not work but you would need access to the engineer menus

Sponsored Links
Would it be possible to let me know that number so that I can pass it on to my installer. He doesn't seem to be coming up with a solution apart from changing network providers or buying an uprade panel off him!

Would it be possible to let me know that number so that I can pass it on to my installer. He doesn't seem to be coming up with a solution apart from changing network providers or buying an uprade panel off him!

Hey mate, i'm in the same position as you. Mine stopped working suddenly, i have had no change and the panel says exactly the same thing. My installer said the number has stopped working as the arc has closed down, they might be thinking of doing a new one which would be premium cost £2.50 per call. (not sure if thats true or not or just his sale speech to have me to upgrade).

i do plan on upgrading with the new system, my concern is i had alert set up to do emergency vibrate when phone is on silent for the sms alert from my alarm. But with the new system being an app notification, i can't see it being able to get my attention if my phone is on silent, as it would not be able to multple vibrate.

So installer more setting the case for me to upgade, :(

Sponsored Links
https://www.open-telecom.co.uk/prod...-mobile-text-sms-and-email-messaging-gateway/

for open tap, looks like the Vodafone number has now been switched off, it was raised on here that it was going to be switched off in March and then there was a delay in this.

wow thanks for that information, does it still cost the same as the previous one with vodafone? like 50p per call or something? and is it something that we end users can put in the new dial in number ourselves or?

its engineer function.

pricing is on their website, 50p a call I believe it says.

thank you, i have seen. Now it's time for me to tell my engineer that i do not want to upgrade and will stick with the normal pstn which i got now, just need the number updating.

He wanted me to upgrade which seems cool to recieved and monitor the alarm via my phone but when my phone is on silent, i won't different a alarm normal app alert from any other app alert.

while currently, i'm able to set a unique vibration for whenever i receive the call for the alarm when its triggered.

he told me, the call centre has closed down and it will cost me £2.50 per call so its better to upgrade. :(

Hi,

I had a Pyronix home alarm system fitted a few years ago which would send a SMS text message to my mobile if the alarm was triggered. However, that message suddenly stopped. My alarm engineer claims that when I changed my mobile phone network from Virgin to EE, that caused the issue as EE are blocking the PSTN system because they have fully converted their systems to digital(this seems to fit in time-wise with my phone change). Apparently, according to my engineer, all mobile networks will be doing this over the next few years, leaving me with two options.... 1, Do not receive alarm notifications or... 2, spend £300+ with him on a new alarm control panel which sends notifications via wifi to an app on my phone.

Is this information correct, or just a ploy to flog a new control panel...???

Cheers
Stu

my installer is proper putting the case for the upgrade to digi-wifi model rather than putting me on the new number, howver he is quoting me £225 which includes full service. its not bad but i feel like he is just after a good sale off me rather the offering genuine customer service to my needs.

Money making ...plus yearly fees for him on the app subscriptions!

would i be able as an end user changing the batteries myself? how hard is it changing the batteries yearly, as i'm charged like 3 quid per battery which is stupid, plus the service cost. and would the install have changed the default engineer code on the panel which would prevent me from putting the new number in for the openpat mobile sms text?

i just feel really weary of my installer seemly to only wanting to make money off me :( it's not welcoming, why can't it be like my cctv, just there and operating without anyone trying to rake money off me for maintence etc. the most i want to do with my installer, is get him to change batteries but even 3 quid a battery change is stupid.

£3 a battery is not bad ...

i watch the yale smart alarm system which is already sync, easy to change the batteries. i guess pyronix is the same but dont want the tampers to go off. but i dont think this should be a constant stream for installers to try rake it on customers. I could buy a pack of the same type of batteries, lot cheaper online. So i think it's a rip off but thats fair enough, they got to make a living but op top of the costant gimmicks to try make u upgrade and rather than telling u the truth, just to make a solid buck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back