No SMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Because of the kind help of people on this forum, I have finally got my system installed.

I have got as far as the walk test and all seems to be working well.

Thanks everyone.

The only problem is when I trip the alarm its not sending an SMS.

I have programmed two numbers into the panel.

I have sent a message to the first mobile number from the keypad and the SMS was received.

Problem is when the alarm trips no SMS is being sent. I only allow the panel in the alarm mode for a few seconds.

Thanks for viewing merry christmas.

Sponsored Links
By looking through your previous posts I think you have a texecom alarm, (and I won't be able to help anyway) but you'll probably get more replies if you state the alarm type/model etc :)

Yes, I totally agree.

Brain not in gear. I really get very frustrated when things dont work and its usually because I don't do them properly.

Its a Texecom Premier Elite com GSM module.

Hi kathekas,
You need to double check how your reporting options are configured for the ARC in use.

For my COM GSM, I use one ARC with two mobile numbers and protocol = SMS.
Below are the list of Reporting Options you can set, any with a star next to them are the ones I use.

I haven't really worked out what all of them mean, but i have put notes where I can. What I do know is that I get an SMS in the following scenarios:
- When I enter/leave engineering mode (SMS says that PROG has started or ended)
- When an alarm goes off, telling me the zone
- I think i can trigger a test call, cant remember trying it
- I used to receive an SMS when the alarm was set/unset, but i decided this was too much and turned off the Open/Close events setting

* P - Priority Alarm/Cancel Events
* A - Normal Alarm and cancel events
O - Open and Close events (set this if you want to know every time the system is armed. I dont use this as that would be overkill)
B - Omit and Reinstate events (when zones are omitted/reinstated. I dont omit zones so dont use this one)
* M - Maintenance alarm
* T - Tamper alarm events
* C - Test call events
R - Restore events

I used Wintex to programme my panel, but i think the selections you want via the keypad in engineering mode are:
UDL/Digi Options -> Program Digi -> Select ARC -> protocol SMS -> Set Report Areas -> Reports (on the reports screen press NO to edit the reporting options, SCROLL keys to move between options, and press NO when on the option that you want to turn on. When the option is on the character noted above for the option will display)

Hope this helps!

Sponsored Links
It helps very much.

The settings appear ok.

When I try to do a test call and select 0, I get the message Coms Mode not enabled, but I cannot find this mentioned INS 176-10

Thanks

How have you got the gsm set to ? Gsm or IP mode it won't send texts in IP mode ( dill switch settings inside gsm unit) also check setting for disable gsm when cover / lid is off

Need to check your programing.

com port gsm, program digi sms, numbers and in configure gsm selected,digi options digi enabled.

GSM module needs to be in gsm mode and not up mode for the sms to work.

One of the problems I have had is the instructions,

this the instructions that came with the unit

The instructions from the website

I have not set the dip switches like

But still getting

digi option, enable digi.

in wintex or voa the keypad.

eng code, 7 yes, 4 yes, no 1,(E displayed) Yes.

Menu menu 0 yes

That's sorted it thanks everybody.

Although I wasn't expecting all the backlog of SMS messages. But wow its working that's all that matters. Cheers folks.

Merry Christmas.

WELL , ACTUALLY NEED HELP RIGHT NOW I INSTALLED A RISCO LIGHTSYS PLUS AND SETTING UP THE FELLOW ME AND I JUST CAN NOT RECEIVE ANY SMS WHEN I ARM THE SYSTEM AND DISARMING I T

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back