Visonic Powermax pro not holding charge

Reaction score
Country
Cyprus
Would appreciate any advice on the problems below.
Thanks in advance.

I have a Visonic Powermax Pro alarm system fitted with a GSM module and SIM card.

One problem concerns shutdown of the unit when the AC power fails or is manually switched off:

The unit should continue powered-up for a number of hours using the charge from the back-up battery but, unfortunately, after only four minutes the unit switches off and goes dead .

Therefore the unit cannot send the SMS message "AC Power Failure" to my mobile phone because the shortest time before this message can be sent is five minutes.

The battery is the original unit but I have (i) replaced it with a new one and (ii) put both in at the same time as a double back up - with no effect.

Second problem concerns the unit not responding to SMS message instructions sent from my mobile phone:

e.g. if I instruct it to Arm, disarm or give a status report the unit receives the SMS but takes no action.

However the unit will send SMS texts to me regarding any alert or alarm (except "AC Power Failure").

My SMS texts to the unit follow the lines in the manual such as AW "user code" etc.

REMOTE ACCESS is ON.

Sponsored Links
I would get a local alarm engineer to look at it.

Its either not setup correctly or faulty, check the installation manual for the correct procedure for the back up battery and the gsm setup.

WRT the gsm unit, this could be a panel version or country issue, ie some alarm panels have certain features only in certain country variants.

I would need more details on the exact panel variant you have and then check its capability.

Thanks for your swift response.
I live in Northern Cyprus and the firm that installed it in 2008 went out of business.
There is no other company here familiar with this system.
The unit worked perfectly for a few years.
The faults have been on-going for about 2-3 years. During that time I have become very familiar with the Installers set-up manual and user guide etc and have no problems resetting the panel to factory default and reprogramming etc.
The model is Powermax Pro 433Mhz operating frequency with 28 wireless and 2 hardwired zones.
The GSM unit was fitted at the outset and worked OK in the early years.
Both back-up batteries are healthy (never get Low CPU Battery messages) and correctly inserted.
There is no landline attached, nor computer - only an external wireless siren that functions correctly.

Is this information of assistance??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back