Texecom - COM GSM problem????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Any help here would be appreciated... I have latest texecom elite 24 panel, com ip and com gsm modules. I don't appear to be able to get the com gsm to work properly. The com ip is plugged into com 1 & sends over all open, close and alarm activations successfully to a remote pc at all times.

I have been trying to get the com gsm in port 2 to send over by form of text message all alarm activations to a mobile phone and have begun by testing the open and close text activation, this I can't get to work :(....

I have strong gsm signal (shown in wintex) and I can text the panel an sms message and receive a response back at the phone. I can also get a text message to the phone when I send the close signal via the texecom smart app from the phone. I cant seem to get the panel to send text message to the phone on open, close or alarm when set from the panel keypad. Eventually all I really want is for the panel to text an alarm activation to the mobile phone but cant get this to work...

I feel it is a programming problem in some way, has anyone had this or have any suggestions. Thanxxxxx.

Sponsored Links
Interesting.

I would check arc 1 and arc 2 settings in program digi first.

would need to look at the wintex profile to be certain i cant spot anything obvious.

In arc 2 I have the following - dial attempts, 1 - protocol, sms messaging - boxes ticked, use area accounts, enable gsm & use gsm first, all others are blank - report for, area a & area b - reporting options, priority alarms, alarms/cancels, open and close, tamper alarms - mobile numbers in primary is 00447?????????. Any ideas.. one thing though can you select the same reporting options on the com ip (in arc 1) as the com gsm, can it do both at the same time????

Okay you dont need area accounts.

in digi options option digi enabled and dial all numbers.

arc 1 followed by arc 2 cant do at same time.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply... I am hoping you may have resolved this for me... Dial all numbers is not ticked. I have just referred to the manual and it say's...

A - Dial All Numbers
If the communicator is acknowledged by the first ARC, it will continue to dial any other programmed ARC. This is normally used when a second or third ARC is programmed with SMS Messaging.

I will give it a go and let you know.... Thanks again!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back