Texecom Elite 24 GSM Speech

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I was wondering if someone on this forum would be so kind to help me with a few questions that I have

I'm having a texecom elite 24 installed and told my alarm guy that I wanted to remote control my panel and wanted it to call and text me via GSM (my PSTN line isn't very secure). He is now going to add in texecom GSM COM for me at no extra cost, great I thought, but have just realized that still will not allow the panel to call me but only text, is that correct?

If I want the panel to call via GSM would I have to buy a separate GSM speech dialer? I noticed that texecom don't do these?

If the above is correct would that mean my panel would in effect have two GSM phone numbers, one for the texecom GSM COM and one for the GSM speech dialer? What an inefficient use of technology!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why would you want speech ? When you can receive a text message with the exact zone location inc time and date and any further zone activations ? Pointless ! If he is throwing in a gsm unit foc bite his hand off as these retail trade £130 plus vat...

I have the text facility on mine.
It's extremely useful and I can't imagine why anyone would want anything more.

Text would work for me but I'm not always around and other family members aren't very good with text messages and so would like the panel to also call.

Just trying to work out the best way to do this, any tips or recommendations are welcome.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back