Create my own 'dual-path' on existing Texecom Prem Elite 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've currently got a fully working system for 12 month with a Pyronix V2 GSM dialler. I've just ordered the new Texecom Com-wifi unit and hope to fit it this weekend.

I will still be using the V2 GSM along side the Com-wifi so basically I have 2 questions.

1. the V2 GSM outputs can be programmed to 'follow GSM fault' how would the best way to wire this into the Elite 24, at first I thought about wiring it to a spare zone on a 24 hour silent but as I pressume the V2 will send the output as a -12v this wont work?

2. I want to Elite 24 to trigger an output (that will cause my V2 GSM to text me) when connection to the Texecom servers are lost (i.e when the WAN is down and not just the wifi link down) would this be output-system-15 digi failed or 44-coms fault or something else?

thanks in advance.

**edit** just found the answer to question 1. connect to L/M on the digital output section.

Sponsored Links
should work wired it a zonebut not used the stand alone gsm module.

com fault or ats fault should be okay u can test by removing com wifi lead from panel

Do the new WiFi modules give COM fault if the WiFi path fails ? Unplugging the module is a little different - that should really be a tamper right ?

This must be a pain for any installers ?

Asking, as Honeywell eventaully added an 'ignore comm's fails' in the Flex menus for the GSM module due to installers being continually called out to perform resets for comm's failures. The comm path is then polled and alerted from the ARC side.

I'm interested to hear how people get on with the push notification mechanism v's SMS too. How reliable (time to receive) when out and about Etc. Anyone set this for auto test for a few days ?

Do the new WiFi modules give COM fault if the WiFi path fails ? Unplugging the module is a little different - that should really be a tamper right ?

This must be a pain for any installers ?

Asking, as Honeywell eventaully added an 'ignore comm's fails' in the Flex menus for the GSM module due to installers being continually called out to perform resets for comm's failures. The comm path is then polled and alerted from the ARC side.

I'm interested to hear how people get on with the push notification mechanism v's SMS too. How reliable (time to receive) when out and about Etc. Anyone set this for auto test for a few days ?
this is what the manual says about it

Due to the nature of WiFi and the fact that devices of all types can just "drop off" a WiFi network, certain circumstance may cause an ATS Failure to be displayed to the end user. The panel will automatically recover itself providing the WiFi network is still available. However to avoid this potential inconvenience please see below.
EN50131 System
With an EN50131 installed system, the warning about an ATS Failure will only be visible to the User when they enter their code and the fault is still present. In the case of this type of system the chances of a User actually seeing the fault will be minimal. It is also a requirement of systems with additional communication devices that signal to an ARC or other response authority to report these faults.
Non-EN50131 System
If the system is installed and configured to NOT comply with EN50131 and has no additional communication devices signaling to an ARC or response authority, then an ATS failure will be displayed immediately on the keypad at the time the fault occurs. Again no action is actually required by the user as the panel will recover of its own accord. However if the Users WiFi connection has a tendency to drop devices, this could be a source of frustration. Two options are available as detailed below.
Setting an ATS Fault delay
• Enter Engineers Mode
• Press  then / (Global Options)
• Press / (System Timers)
• Use  and scroll to ATS Fault Delay
• Press / , then enter 002 to set a two minute delay
• Press /
• Exit Engineers Mode
Disabling ATS failed messages
To stop the keypad displaying the ATS Failed message in this scenario do the following;
• Enter Engineers Mode
• Press  then / (Global Options) Press  then / again (Monitor Hardware)
• Press / Press / again to toggle ATS Path Faults OFF Press /
• Exit Engineers Mode
 If the ComWiFi misses its polling in a 1 hour time window, the server will send notification directly to the app.
 Do NOT do this on an EN50131 system, or on a system that has additional communication that signals to an ARC or other response authority.

Sponsored Links
Can someone update the last message please. The #&******, must refer to keys but at monitor hardwares i just PCBALB or similar and i can't work out what to press to get rid of the ATS fault error message permanently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back