Help with Premier Elite 24 digicom outputs please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've installed a Texecom system to my house a few months ago wired to a Pyronix V2 GSM autodialer. All is working well but I'm now in a position where I want to add a few more PIR's (in the 3 bed rooms) probably via an remote zone expander.

I want to keep each detection device around the house on it's own zone but as the Elite 24 only has 8 digicom outputs and as the V2 autodialer only has 6 inputs I'm now struggling.

At the minute I have the outputs programmed as 'output group - zone type alarm' This activates the output if the selected zone causes an alarm when the system is armed. Is it possible to 'group' the zones and any of the zones within the 'group' will activate the output?

e.g either zone 1, 2 and 3 (front of house) would active digicom output 1
either zone 4 and 5 (rear of house) would active digicom output 2
and so on?

Also is there system wide tamper digicom output?

cheers
Paul.

Sponsored Links
zone setup get to zone group assign a group number

when you program the output select the zone group, you have 2 zone groups on the elite 24.

You can if you want to split it further use custom outputs, but you shouldnt use custom ouputs unless you know what your doing.

Yes Area 14 reports tampers in the selected area, this is in the insatalltion manual, when programming the outputs you can scroll through the list of options and theres a fair few options.

Personally i would have put a gsm com on the com port and get full information about every zone rather than use a thirdy party unit.

zone setup get to zone group assign a group number

when you program the output select the zone group, you have 2 zone groups on the elite 24.

all ready tried that and the only output options are 'zone group mimic' and 'zone group armed' where as I would need 'zone group mimicArm'

Personally i would have put a gsm com on the com port and get full information about every zone rather than use a thirdy party unit.

I allready had the V2 GSM unit as it was fitted to the old panel the Texecom replaced

123 group 1, 456 group 2

output group 1 mimic armed
output group 2 mimic armed.

where about in Manchester are you and are you available in the next 1hr or so?

Sponsored Links
cheers for the offer but I'm at work at the moment.

I've got the PDF programming guide in front of me and for Zone Groups there is no option of 'mimic armed' or an I missing something?

You need the Elite manual if its an Elite panel as this option was added for the Elites not the non Elite panels.

page 83 and 54 of the Elite manual version 10.

this is what my version 10 maual says on page 83 it doesnt list mimin alarm
test.png

Armed is fine, if you read the description.

just they didnt add mimic to to header.

When the area is armed and the zone in a group activates the output is triggered.

Armed is fine, if you read the description.

just they didnt add mimic to to header.

When the area is armed and the zone in a group activates the output is triggered.

:rolleyes: just double read the description doh, I initially took it as the output triggers when the zone is armed.

Well at least that will give me 2 groups so I may manage without having to venture into the custom outputs.

Just going back to my tamper question; Area output 14 I pressume this also covers bell tamper, panel lid tamper's etc?

Yes to tamper query if you want to split them individually you can think the would be under system for that cant remember what numbers mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back