X-be bell box with premier elite 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just a quick query regarding the use of a X-BE bell box with a Premier Elite 24. I am replacing an old Texecom system in my house I have already installed the Premier Elite 24.

If I would like to have the LED backlight on the bell box to come on at a given time and off again later, am I correct in setting the control timer to the times required, then use an output of the panel ?

Can the Elite 24 digicom outputs sink or drive the back light LED on the X type bell box ? Perhaps feed the 0v from the led back light to a digicom output set to be a control timer, what is the best set-up for this application please?

I have a six code cable from an old Odyssey bell box now, but I think that would be enough to do what I need, eg, 12V, BELL, TAMP, 0V, STROBE, BACK LIGHT?

Thank you!!

Sponsored Links
yes you can use a digi output the power for the led is very small. You need to assign the control timer to that output and wire up to the led as per the manuals suggestion

Thank you. What do installers tend to do with illuminated bell boxes? Have them on all the time, or timed? My neighbour has one but it's not clear if it's on or not during the day.

Older ones on all time , never version has a photocell to switch it off in day

Sponsored Links
newer version, lol only been out a short time as it is, depends on stock carried I guess by supplier. Not seen a photocell one yet, where is the photocell located. the odyssey X website and the

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back