Texecom GSM Module problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I've got a Texecom Premier Elite with a GSM and a separate ComIP module installed.

COM 1 = ComIP
COM 2 = GSM

Both have worked fine for 3 odd years. However since Friday the GSM module is producing errors, its returning a GSM Status: online, GSM Signal: -113 dBm and GSM Bit Error: 000

I've tried alternative sim cards, checked the aerial, checked the aerial cable, switch both modules off and swapped com ports, left both modules off for 24 hours etc but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas on what the issue maybe? All help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Check for masts in your area.

Customer choose a sim EE but signal was only good enough on O2

You can google local mobile masts..... may help

They could have a fault, they are working etc etc but does sound like the 2G service isn’t available at the minute

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies - sim works fine, i've popped it into a mobile to double check.

Network status page says all is ok as well.

I've powered the alarm down itself and restarted it, just to clear its brain and thats not made a difference.

When you checked the SIM in a mobile, were you sure that it was connected on 2g and not 3g or 4g?

no as the smart phone won't let you do that - but i've checked and the carriers 2g network is working fine. In the past when they've had an outage, theyve been good at reflecting it on their website.

Where I live on two occasions I’ve not been able to make or receive calls , could text and get data connection ...walked up the road and was able to make calls ...obviously a base station issue , so it can happen

appreciate it can happen, which is why i popped my normal sim in their from my mobile and that's not working either. Also tried a third just now and that's doing the same.

So it can't be a network issue - seems to be a hardware glitch.

The network connection light on the gsm module stays off whilst others turn on, which is making me wonder if there is something wrong with the GSM module.

Eltham, London .

Com IP module is being silly as well now. It has a reserved IP on the router. But now won't keep a stable connection with wintex unless I give it a fixed IP address using the control panel.

Maybe the panel needs a reset . If I'm doing that I might as well update it. More work....

I have had towers upgraded, or under works causing problems.

So check what f anything is going on in your area.

If you think it’s faulty buy another but to be fair I would be surprised as the cables and the modules would need to have been exposed to something to damage it. 3 years is out of warranty though.

Just an update . Com 2 is now reporting fault instead of loss of signal error .

I'll take another look at it now the weekend .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back