Texecom GSM module? Plz help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help. These Premier Elite Com GSM modules... can they phone the user to notify them and not just send a text please?

If so how are they programmed? Software or keypad?

I hope someone can shed some light.

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
Ah ok, perfect, that answers my questions. Thanks for all the help

I am needing something if the alarm goes off it phones a number. It would need to be via a sim card though as no phone line access??

Can anybody recommend anything that can go with my texecom 64 wireless system.

Hope somebody can help

Sponsored Links
If you think it would work and be compatible then why not!!! I will look into that one. Thanks

The dialler mentioned works by triggers so works on any panel pretty much.

You can force the com gsm to dial you, been a while since I last did it and testing it now to confirm.

you can create a separate ARC with your mobile number in for fast format and it the gsm module will call you. (168 panel version 5)

it will dial you based on the dial attempts and leave an ATS failed message as it cant talk to get its hand shakes, but will have dialled you 3 times say and waited till you hang up, if you have the alarms mobile number in your phone labelled you would see its dialled you.

Now havent tried it on 48 or with the voice module and I am sure Texecom said that didnt work and it was only for the com2400, might be worth me having a look for the price of the speech module. to confirm it one way or another but for now Ill take their word for it.

The dialler mentioned works by triggers so works on any panel pretty much.

You can force the com gsm to dial you, been a while since I last did it and testing it now to confirm.

you can create a separate ARC with your mobile number in for fast format and it the gsm module will call you. (168 panel version 5)

it will dial you based on the dial attempts and leave an ATS failed message as it cant talk to get its hand shakes, but will have dialled you 3 times say and waited till you hang up, if you have the alarms mobile number in your phone labelled you would see its dialled you.

Now havent tried it on 48 or with the voice module and I am sure Texecom said that didnt work and it was only for the com2400, might be worth me having a look for the price of the speech module. to confirm it one way or another but for now Ill take their word for it.

Sounds interesting, but It might be a little above me at the moment.... maybe just a gsm speech dialler is my option?? Im a beginner you see.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back