Problem GSM 350 module and powermax complete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Thank you very much for everyone's input on here, I have learnt alot about the powermax panels from reading posts on here - I actually just read posts to gain knowledge and not necessarily to change my system until now. I connected the gsm module to my powermax complete panel but i can not see the 4.5 define GSM menu in the installer menu. This is supposed to come up automatically according to the manual when the module is enrolled.

I think the gsm module is working for the following reasons
1- when I re-connected the panel it said RSSI was good - also did a signal test using a mobile phone in the area of the alarm which confirmed the signal was good.
2- when I dial the sim number I get a fax like dial tone after the first ring but I can't send it commands probably because gsm module is not active on the system.
3. I removed the gsm module and connected via the telephone wire again and I got the message 'cel rmvd cnfrm' on the panel and according to the installer manual (section 4.6 gsm auto detection) this indicates the modem was previously installed. So the question is where has my Define GSM menus disappeared?

Based on posts on here I have tried the following
1- powered the system down completely
2- changed master install and sub install codes to different codes and tried the install menu from both codes.
3- removed the module, cleaned it and put it in again.

What do you guys suggest? I would like to use the gsm module without the pstn if possible. Whilst writing this I thought if the pstn dialer would work without disconnecting the internet if I connected it to a filter.

Thank you very much and sorry for the long post, I wanted to give you as much info as possible.

Sponsored Links
Modules need to be fitted correctly and programmed.

Not 100% familiar with this system.

What version panel do you have,
Did you down power before connecting the gsm module and putting the SIM card in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back