pyronix sterling 10 alarm system [problems] help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, i wonder if someone can help me?

we have a pyronix sterling 10 alarm installed in our house which keeps activating at random times for no reason. even if we have not set the alarm.

problems experienced so far are:
1-activation during the night for no reason.
2-activation if central unit is knocked accidentally (possitioned in an airing cupboard)
3-activation if strong wind outside dislodges dummy bell cover.

we are getting fed up with this alarm as we cannot find the fault which is causing this irratic behaviour. does anyone have any clue about how to restore the factory settings of the unit so i can attempt to get my head round how it works.

any advice would be apprciated.

sparky3184

Sponsored Links
1) Tamper fault
2) its not the panles fault you hit it
3) cant be a dummy if you think this is the problem can it

how old is the battery?

you also need an engineers manual for it

WTF are replies 1) 2) & 3) all about?

the alarm was apparently installed 6 years ago. other than that i do not know.

i have an engineers manual for the sterling 10 from pyronix's webiste the only problem is it refers to installation only and not troubleshooting!

By the sounds of things you are experiencing a tamper fault on the control panel itself, if the spring is not in contact with the lid or the wall and the panel is knocked, it will then create a fault.

If you are certain its not that, then you may have mains spyking the alarm cable, do you know if your cables or run with mains at all? If so fit a spyke supressor.

Nb; Whats the Panel display when the fault occurs?

Sponsored Links
the fault is displayed as 'tamper fault' and sounds an alarm. once the code is entered the alarm goes off but the tamper fault remains.

knocking a wall adjacent to the central control unit activates the alarm so you maybe right! any ideas on how to fix this?

the control unit is in the airing cupboard adjacent to the main room and slaming doors etc regularly sets it off.

cheers

as i said its a tamper fault.

its the lid tamper you need to adjust it. if its a spring pull it if its a microswitch bend it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back