Qualifications

If you plan your route of progression right, you could have most of the qualification in a reasonable learning period of about 3 years.
Generally colleges start running course August/September, I would start sourcing colleges in your location that provide the 2330 City & Guilds level 2, then enquire about enrolment and the 24+ funding if required, if you take the funding loan you probably will never pay it all back.
In the meantime I would source an electrician that is willing to take you under their wing for the odd job and see if you actually like performing the tasks required, as it would be pointless if you didn't take some enjoyment out of the work, even considering wanting to work in this field. It is definitely something you want be sure of before committing yourself to.

If not there is always UCOS! ;)

Sponsored Links
No John, couldn't think of anything worse! Am fitter in my 40's than ever, looking forward hopefully to doing something completely different. Would love the opportunity to be involved in your world even if it meant starting all over, making tea:)

Kind Regards.

Sponsored Links
No John, couldn't think of anything worse! Am fitter in my 40's than ever, looking forward hopefully to doing something completely different. Would love the opportunity to be involved in your world even if it meant starting all over, making tea:)
I can understand, and sympathise with, that! As a matter of information, despite probable appearances, it is not 'my world' that you're hoping to get into. My actual 'world' is at least as remote from that of an electrician as is your present one!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back