Quality and price of decorator

As a beginner in the world of DIY, I find discussions like these incredibly helpful. Quality and price are like two sides of the same coin when it comes to hiring decorators, right? It's all about finding that sweet spot where you get bang for your buck without compromising on the finish. Personally, I believe in doing thorough research and getting multiple quotes before making a decision.

More AI?

Sponsored Links
Modern workers have long raised a lot of questions in me. Knowing absolutely nothing, they demand amounts as if they have more than 10 years of experience. I definitely wouldn't pay that price.

Another crap AI bot...

Sorry to all, I forgot about my previous posts.

I suspect that @Heveasy is a run of the mill spammer rather than a bot.

To @Heveasy if I am wrong please feel free to malign me.

Last edited:
Another crap AI bot...

Sorry to all, I forgot about my previous posts.

Easily solved and prevented, by holding all new member's initial posts for moderation, and checking, then releasing if a post is confirmed to be valid..

Looking at the conditions of the walls and ceiling and the fact you had an empty room, I would've skimmed it first.
Less hassle although a bit more expensive.

Sponsored Links
Oh, and speaking of quality, has anyone checked out fmpropertyservices.co.uk? They seem to offer some interesting insights into decorating solutions. Would love to hear your thoughts on this! Let's paint this discussion with our experiences and opinions!

Quite a lot of stock photos on that site. Some aren't even photos of UK properties.

Yep, a website, using stock photos, trying to create an impression of a large professional company - but with just a mobile number to contact them, and the address of a small semi.

And seemingly a sole trader- nothing wrong with that, but it says that "they" have done over 2500 different jobs over the last 20 years- that equates to over 10 different jobs per month- 2.5 per week.

And seemingly a sole trader- nothing wrong with that, but it says that "they" have done over 2500 different jobs over the last 20 years- that equates to over 10 different jobs per month- 2.5 per week.
Very possible if you take the deposit, splash some cheap paint on a wall, extract more money from the customer and run away leaving throwaway brushes behind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back