Quality Gas Fired CH System Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the throws of getting my old gas fired CH boiler changed out but my plumber is dragging his heels.

I had originally specified a Viessmann 200-W system unit rated at 35KW, mainly because of the stainless steel heat exchanger and the large passageway within the exchanger. The plumber I'd chosen was on the Viessmann register so I'd also get the extended guarantee.

However as he's dragged his heels for quite some time I'm getting to the stage of looking for someone else; maybe even looking for an alternative boiler type.

So, what is the best quality gas CH system boiler I can get rated at around 35KW with an SS heat exchanger which has good open passages unlikely to block over time. Combi features NOT required.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Went to the trade site as I figured I might get objective response based on installation experience rather than subjective opinions.

House is a large old stone house of classic edwardian construction - solid stone walls with wooden straps, laths then plaster. No real options on wall insulation unless one completely rebuilds internal walls.

Current boiler is rated at 24kW which is hard pushed in cold weather and modern 35KW unit offers modulation down to less than 12KW

Jack

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back