Old oil-fired to new NatGas boiler swap - recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm buying a house with an old oil-fired CH boiler (gravity/unvented system) and want to swap it for a Natural Gas job.

The gas provider's doing a deal at the moment - running the gas from the street, installing meter ... all for 'free' ... when a new boiler is installed by their preferred (off a list of independents) Plumbing/Heating firms. But they are only allowing, Baxi, Ferroli, Glow-worm, Halstead, Ideal, Ravenheat, Vaillant, Vokera, Worcester boilers.

It's a big old house, so the boiler's going to need plenty of grunt (probably circa 35KW) and I don't want to mess with the existing pipework/tank/hwcylinder (try to keep it gravity/vented). Obviously, I'll be getting in 2 or 3 firms to advise & quote, but I'd like to have a bit of background on the merits of the above manufacturers' tackle. So, I'd be grateful for your comments about this ... but keep it 'clean' (nothing libellous) to avoid the clutches of our learned friends. ;)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have natural gas and would gladly swap for oil, WHY?
Because I would run it on cleaned waste vegetable oil I collect for nothing. If that sounds a grotty/dirty way to run a boiler, then maybe in two years time after NG has risen to an totally unaffordable price to run water heating it won't.
Sadly no work for Corgi engineers there though! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back