Quality Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just (finally) got off the phone to these cowboys after doing a repair for a council tenant who were so sick of their poor sevice, they called in an independant RGI - me. Quality Heating cannot accept my diagnosis, but I'm not bothered about that - its fixed.

They have fitted 2 pressure switches in the last 5 days, a PCB and a fan - on a Baxi Solo 2 and still the boiler didn't work.

The parts manager would not commit to another visit tomorrow and has ordered ANOTHER pressure switch.

Basically, the gas valve was letting by to the pilot light thus not letting the electrode to detect the boiler is off via the PCB. I'm sure that can be put in a more technical basis by our other gas guys / gals. :oops:

New valve put in, and all is fine now. All of 1 hours work - fit the valve and re-set the gas pressure. Tightness test, safety check of the hob.

I'm not allowed to bill the council for the repair, but the customer has paid. Quality Heating? I guess not.

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like they would have got there in the end, they would have run out of things to change and then had to change the gas valve.

Should have been done by Direct council Labour - Oh I forgot they were all sacked :mrgreen: Fair Play to you for helping out a Tenant though , particularly as you have tw*ts to deal with .

Sponsored Links
Back