Quantum Heater

Sponsored Links
It won't.

You will need both off and on-peak supplies to be connected or an off-peak meter which switches all circuits to 'cheap'-rate.

It will just run as a standard storage heater, the daytime "boost" facility being un available.

Sponsored Links
so if I we wire up a normal every day socket to my quantum peak supply it won't harm heater , i just won't get boost facility . ?

No.

You need the OFF PEAK supply to the off peak input to use the cheap lecky and heat the bricks to supply heat during the day.

The PEAK input runs the panel heater on the front as a 'boost'. You could pick this feed up from your sockets, but you should consider the loading of this circuit.

So I would be better spuring off one of the sockets used for my panel heaters / fan heaters as I suspect they have a bigger amp.

So I would be better spuring off one of the sockets used for my panel heaters / fan heaters as I suspect they have a bigger amp.
No. What difference do you think that would make?

Storage heaters usually/should have a separate 15/16A off-peak circuit for each heater.

No. What difference do you think that would make?

Storage heaters usually/should have a separate 15/16A off-peak circuit for each heater.

The DUO has TWO feeds.

An OFF PEAK supply on a dedicated circuit from your switched consumer unit, and a PEAK supply from your 24hr consumer unit.

What rating is your heater?

Yes, I said that in the first reply but the OP was talking of spurring a socket for the storage heater part.

Edit - I think I may have misunderstood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back