Quarter turn tap will not grip cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a monobloc mixer tap with 2 levers. The cold tap will no longer grip the cartridge (20 teeth). Tried the hot lever on cold side and worked fine so definitely an issue with tap lever not gripping the cartridge teeth. Does anyone have any advice on how to get it to grip?

I had thought I would just get a replacement lever but I cannot find one anywhere. We bought house with tap in place so no sure of brand or model. I have see similar models but none exactly the same.

Attachments

• IMG20230305144629.jpg
    IMG20230305144629.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG20230305144547.jpg
    IMG20230305144547.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG20230305144539.jpg
    IMG20230305144539.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG20230305144525.jpg
    IMG20230305144525.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 58
Sponsored Links
Through wear and tear or otherwise the teeth in the lever have worn down so its time for a new mixer tap because the levers wont be sold separately, or if they are will be at an inflated cost.

Blup

Lever tap reviver kit or as above, new tap.

I had thought I would just get a replacement lever but I cannot find one anywhere. We bought house with tap in place so no sure of brand or model. I have see similar models but none exactly the same.

As above, but as it is probably beyond getting a replacement, no harm in trying a bit of Locktite in the lever's socket - then allowing it to set in place, before using.

Sponsored Links
If you can track down brand then spares available for the likes of Howdens taps and others online.

Other option is make sure there are some groves left for a grip and stick it back on.
I'd use milliput or 2 part glue as hard when set

Any trouble buy new tap but take note of replacement spare code.
I stick numbers in cupboard below sink

Thanks for the advice. I am trying to stick it back on. I will see how long it lasts for but will prepare for getting a new on in the long run. (Will start reading up on how you install a tap!)

could you drill and tap the head then fit a grub screw. A lot of work but may mean you can keep the tap

Thanks for the advice everyone. I ended up gluing it back on. Been a few weeks now and is holding for the moment :)

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back