queries re felt covered flat ground floor ext.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, About to replace wooden fascias and soffits on above structure, question is when I remove (carefully) the felt drip edge, I know it will have paint,bits of wood stuck ...to it, how will I stick it down again. Builders merchant suggested flashband 18 " wide to recreate the drip edge and bitumen primer and a mains paint stripper gun. Will this work ? the problem has been caused by the original roofer leaving a gap between the felt on the top of the drip edge and the corner of the roof adjacent to the gutter. Second question, I think I am going to end up replacing a short section of rotten roof joist/rafter at the gable end, it was built in 1975 is 10 ft long and 9 ft wide the roof has no load on it, what size of joists etc.. should I expect to find when I strip it away.

Thanks

H

Sponsored Links
Is there anyone out there!!! no probs stripped the rotten area back today so I have answered my own question. Thanks to all who replied.............

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back