Query RE possible warping of oak doors...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We had some oak ledge doors hung at the beginning of March. They were unfinished and for various reasons we have not got around to finishing them until now. On looking at them earlier today it seems that a couple of them may have warped. I can't be certain that this has happened since they were hung and that they were not like that beforehand. But I think that's the case.

There's a couple of things I was wondering:

1. Is it possible that they have warped because we have kept them untreated/unfinished for 10 weeks or so?

2. Is there anything we can do about it? Any methods to straighten them? I thought I would ask now in case there is anything which is best done before finishing.

Many thanks

Max

Sponsored Links
Likely they have warped because they are untreated, you could remove and try to remove warp but can be very difficult.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back